Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on on Ebay?

Dear Friends,

Maybe I'm just a bit "old styled", but I wonder, what's going on on Ebay?
    I've noticed that many pictures of WII german soldiers or Helferinnen are captioned as "Gay\Lesbian interest".....what??!

I mean, why should TR period pictures have anything to do with Lesbians and Gays?

Best Regards

I totally agree,and think it`s pretty rude to the guys in the photos.Any photo of a guy without a shirt on is labeled gay,I`ve noticed they go for a good amount of money sometimes too.

Comment

Originally posted by garyv View Post
      I totally agree,and think it`s pretty rude to the guys in the photos.Any photo of a guy without a shirt on is labeled gay,I`ve noticed they go for a good amount of money sometimes too.
      I justed wanted to reply to that. I get angry at it, I really ask myself what the seller is thinking! As you said a nude breast from a soldier is sold as "nude, gay, akt.." just as they label BDM girls. High prices? Just see how high nude soldiers go...

Anyway, I will hold myself from any comment.

Comment

I won't comment further, I just think that's very rude describe pics as such, I wonder why don't they describe married german couple as "Straight interest" then....

This world is going down the WC.

Comment

its like with anything

mark it gay interest and it will attract big viewing figures

its a sad world be live in

Comment

I personally have not seen photos been labeled as such but the thought alone is sickening. Words as disgraceful, disrespecting and tasteless come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSSNederland View Post
              I personally have not seen photos been labeled as such but the thought alone is sickening. Words as disgraceful, disrespecting and tasteless come to mind.
              One of hundreds listed at this moment:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Nude-Hx-soldat-ju...item335cce9af5

Comment

That's the trouble these days too many people want to earn a fast buck and if they think by tagging pictures in such a nonsensical fashion will deliver a higher price they will do it.

I can't understand what gay person would be interested in B/W pictures of soldiers naked from WW2 anyway... surely there is no eroticism there?!
                Or is that just me?

What gets me is that Ebay will come down on genuine TR collectors but seem quite happy to let people push material for the gay/lesbian market with impunity
                The worlds gone mad

Comment

Gays will pay top dollar for jack off material..... so there you have.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    Gays will pay top dollar for jack off material..... so there you have.

Lots of sellers on Ebad are really savvy to wording their items so that they'll get the max interest from everywhere possible. They may or may not be knowledgeable collectors selling their stuff, but they sure try to hit as wide a market as possible. It goes on with old American wet plate photos as well - if it could even remotely resemble it, call it a "Civil War Soldier!"

Greg
                    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Hello,

Here is another 1 of a number of "nude" photos listed by a seller on eBay at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WEHRMACHT-...item417339befe

I agree with other member in that I prefer the term nude because that is what is portrayed!
                      Cheers,

Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by mambo View Post
                        its like with anything

mark it gay interest and it will attract big viewing figures

its a sad world be live in
                        Repugnant and revolting is the way I would describe it.
                        Humanity brought down to its lowest common denominator.
                        I have not been on ebay for many years now as a matter of principal
                        Nor will I use their payment system.

Comment

I was thinking about this thread during my daily search on Ebay, the amount of photographs in which German soldiers are just letting of some steam by acting silly or just taking a bath/swim is immediately labeled as gay, sexy and what not is staggering. It seems that only one soldier needs to be shirtless in a photograph and the opportunity is found to label it with something ridiculous.

Every time i see this it pisses me off but what can you do.

Comment

Maybe it has something to do with e-bay being anal over allowing the posting of anything "nazi". I know they will likely get tips from the Nazi Police, but maybe having it under stupid listings it will stay there longer?

Of course I would never search under Gay and Lesbian on e-bay anyway. So how did the originator of this thread find the stuff there in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                              Maybe it has something to do with e-bay being anal over allowing the posting of anything "nazi". I know they will likely get tips from the Nazi Police, but maybe having it under stupid listings it will stay there longer?

Of course I would never search under Gay and Lesbian on e-bay anyway. So how did the originator of this thread find the stuff there in the first place?
                              Just do a search with some general military related terms in the category collectibles with title+description search function ticked on and you'll see these type of listings right away.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X