Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General der Artillerie Franz Barckhausen

Good morning, gentlemen!

My name is Jaime-Jesús Ruiz Díaz. It´s my first message. I would like to know the awards of this general.

Greetings,

Jaime.

Hi Jaime!

Welcome to the Forum! You'll find a list of GdA Franz Barckhausen's awards at the following site:

http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WE...-Heer_A-B.html

Regards,

VJK

Comment

Welcome!

You will find splendid color scans of General Barckhausen's uniform and awards right here on our website:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=Barckhausen

We have MANY topics in our "back pages" which can be found by using the "search" function.

Comment

I will try to post some better close-ups of General der Artillerie Franz Barckhausen's uniform and awards.

M.

Comment

General Franz Barckhausen

General Franz Barckhausen's worn awards are : the "Deutsches Kreuz in Silber", the "Orden des Sterns von Rumänien mit Schwertern im Grossoffiziersrange" (neck Order and breast star), the WWI Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse, the WWII Kriegsverdienstkreuz I. Klasse, the Schlesischer Adler I. Klasse, the ribbon bar (I will post a close-up of it later).<O</O

Mark
          Attached Files

Comment

Close-up on the ribbon bar and the Rumanian Star neck order.
            <O</O

Jaime, if I may ask, do you possibly have any items belonging to General Franz Barckhausen ? Would be nice to share it on this Forum.<O</O

Mark

Comment

Period picture (40-41) of General Franz Barckhausen. Most of his awards are displayed on his Waffenrock.

Mark
              Attached Files

Comment

That ribbon bar is stunning !

Comment

In summary....

- Deutsches Kreuz in Silber: am 31.08.1943 als General der Artillerie und Chef des Wehrwirtschafts-und Rüstungsstabes Frankreich
                  - Ritterkreuz des kgl. Preuss. Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwetern
                  - 1939 EK I –S-
                  - 1939 EK II –S-
                  - 1914 EK I
                  - 1914 EK II
                  - Sachsen-Meiningisches Ehrenkreuz für Verdienst im Kriege
                  - Schlesischer Adler-Orden II. und I. Stufe
                  - Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer
                  - Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung IV. Klasse
                  - Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung III. Klasse
                  - Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung II. Klasse
                  - Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung I. Klasse
                  - Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 mit Spange "Prager Burg"
                  - Kriegsverdienstkreuz II Klasse mit Schwertern
                  - Eichenlaub zum Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung I. Klasse (40. Dienstjahre)
                  - Kriegsverdienstkreuz I Klasse mit Schwertern
                  - Grossoffizierkreuz des Kgl. Rumän. Ordens des Stern mit Schwertern

In the uniform it appears a Verwundetenabzeichen, 1918 in Gold. According with my sources*, Barckhausen did not receive it. He was never wounded in the Great World. Some discrepancy?

By the way, what is the last award of the ribbon bar?

* BRADLEY, Dermot / HILDEBRAND, Karl-Friedrich / RÖVEKAMP, Markus:
                  Die Generale des Heeres 1921-1945. Biblio Verlag, 1993

Comment

I´m sorry, he was never awarded with the Spange to 1914 EK I und II Klasse.

Thank you very much for your help, Langemark.

Comment

Hello Jaime,<O</O

No 'discrepancy' about the wound badge. You are absolutely right to state that General Barckhausen never received any WWI nor WWII wound badge. As you can notice, in the description of his worn awards, I never mentioned he did.
                      However, it is indeed my mistake to have pinned a wound badge on the uniform. The reason I did it is that, considering the loops for four badges present on the left side of his uniform, I just added a wound badge to 'fill' and for a better display in my collection. When I took the picture to be posted here I forgot to remove the incorrect wound badge, sorry.
                      This being said, I still wonder what the 'correct fourth badge' could have been ?

I can't answer your question about the last award on the ribbon bar. Help needed !

Mark

Comment

I don't have many paper items about General Franz Barckhausen. However, here is the award document for his 40 Year Service Cross. I do not have the Cross itself but it is represented on Barckhausen's ribbon bar shown above.

Mark<O</O
                        Attached Files

Comment

Orden des Sterns von Rumänien mit Schwertern im Grossoffiziersrange. (neck order)
                          Mark
                          Attached Files

Comment

Orden des Sterns von Rumänien mit Schwertern im Grossoffiziersrange. (breast star)
                            Mark
                            Attached Files

Comment

If I may ask again, Jaime, do you possibly also have any items belonging to General der Artillerie Franz Barckhausen ?
                              Would be nice to have a reply.
                              Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X