Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preliminary DKiG doc

Hi Guys

Could I get some opinions on this DK document please. Apparenly this doc is shown on pg164 of Formans Guide to Third Reich documents, I don't have the book to compare.

Many thanks

Patrick
    Attached Files

would really appreciate any opinion on this document, does anyone have Formans book to hand to compare it to?

Comment

It is the one shown on Pg 164 of the Forman Guide.

Comment

Thanks Hucks, does anyone have an opinion on the originality of this doc- I am totally unversed with these?

Comment

Chances are to get good opinions, you'll need better photos with closeups of things like the Cross on top, the signature, and the stamp - for starters.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks Hank, here are some close ups of the areas mentioned. The shots are taken with a flash so where you see areas of white in the DK and lettering that is caused by reflection. The paper also has a slightly textured surface to it

Many thanks

Patrick
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

There are two concerns i have, but these need checking against other W-SS DKiG prelims from the same period.

Firstly the date format. I cant recall seeing the month written as a number before.
                  Secondly, the stamped Keitel signature is significantly different to all others i have seen.
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks Simon

Does anyone have a photo of an SS prelim doc they could share? I have had a look through past threads without success

Comment

I agree that the month is usually spelled out. But the Keitel signature looks like the stamped one in Gordon's EK book; page 220.

DK and RK docs to SS members always scare me.

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                      There are two concerns i have, but these need checking against other W-SS DKiG prelims from the same period.

Firstly the date format. I cant recall seeing the month written as a number before.
                      Secondly, the stamped Keitel signature is significantly different to all others i have seen.

Comment

I dont have Gordon's book Brian, who is the doc to?
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Here it is, on page 220 of The Iron Cross of 1939 by Gordon Williamson. The stamp and the stamped signature seem to match. The interesting thing about the doc posted above is that it is "old stock"; it includes "und Obersten..." at such a late point in the war (November, 1944).
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post

Great points Simon. I have not encountered an original DK Prelim with the month written as a number either. However, out of the thousands of these issued (all branches), it wouldn't surprise me to learn the that a few were written out this way. The stamped Keitel signature is certainly not the more commonly seen one, but it I think it is OK. The stamp does match the one in Gordon's book and though he writes '...signed by GDM Keitel', I think it is a stamped signature. Authorizing stamp looks fine as well.

I can't fault this document.

John

Comment

This is the thing, there are anomalies here that need sorting out.
                              It would be interesting to learn how these compare with examples shown in Mark Yerger's books.

There is quite a distance in time between these two and notice how different the HPA stamp is in Gordon's example. Those i've seen match this jagdverband doc.

Another concern with the example in Gordon's book is that bataillon is abbreviated Bn. an english abbreviation and not the standard German abbreviation of Btl.
                              Last edited by Simon O.; 04-20-2010, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X