Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos with russian words on the back??

Hello gentlemen

I found this photo with russian words on the back. Any idea about it? Is it original photo before 1945? or other stories about it?

Thanks a lot in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ckkyt003; 03-31-2010, 05:40 PM.

Originally posted by Mousey
    fake, from the "russian archives"
    its a repro, stay away from all photos you see with this stamp.
    Thanks a lot, mate. Are these photos reproduced in russia? What is "russian archives" here?

Comment

"Russian archives" refers to the fact that they are supposed to have been released from ex-soviet archives. As stated above stay away from photos with these stamps! Apart from that, once you have seen and handled one of these, you can spot these fakes from miles away! They usually depict "attractive" subjects, like SS, TR officials, highly decorated men, etc. I think they come from Ukraine, but they do circulate a lot, unfortunately...

Regards, Giorgos
      Last edited by stray_dog; 04-01-2010, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I think this type "crappola" is readily found on Ebay, and spreading. If anyone knows of a way to shut these clowns down........... pleases share ideas.
        Best,
        Jp

Comment

Ditto the others. These photos are circulating here & there and have several origins

From my experience photos and documents that come from local archive sometimes have only pencil or pen handwritten notes (period or post war done: names, dates, KIA-MIA, locations). I have never encountered photos or captured German papers with any roster numbers, any seals, stamps "top secret", "canceled" etc.

Comment

OMG... There are about 8-12 threads at this forum about such fakes

Is it so difficult to search about them

P.S. To moderators: maybe create one thread and make it pinned, so the people would be able to read about this fakes?

Comment

Especially note the high proportion of fantastic SS or Panzer photographs...all with Russian on the back!

Good luck and stay cautious!

Comment

you can see its fake straight out from the way the edges on the photo are done!!thats a huge give away and then when you turn over the back those markings tell you for sure!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X