NSDAP Membership card question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Membership card question

Here is a very questionable NSDAP Party membership card. I have big doubts about it's being genuine. It measures 5 1/2 x 4 inches. Can anyone confirm this for me. Thanks.

Robert Gerard
    Attached Files

I'd have to have it in hand to be sure but at this point it looks bad.
    Jeff

Comment

That looks like you scanned it, right?
      If you have a camera, lay card on a table and take a photo from an angle and as close up and in focus as possible.
      I'm not sure if your scanner altered the contrast on card, but it looks bad if it is exactly as it looks in the scan that you posted. IMO.
      Jp

Comment

Yes, the first image was scanned. Here is an attempt to follow your advice using my camera. I think the scanned version is closer to the appearance of the actual card. Does this photo help make it easier to study? Thanks for your help.
        rL
        Attached Files

Comment

Now I sure feel foolish.

Comment

Why do you feel foolish? I still fell it's a reproduction.

Comment

I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner,

Thanks for the new pic, unfortunately, it doesn't help me to decide.

So I'll just tell you what I don't like about it;

1. It's too clean/ bright white.
              2. It is pre-stamped.
              3. The row of horizontal lines, that would take the # stamp, look "sloppily" done.

I can't tell you 100% if it is "bad" or "fake", but I can say that these three points raise red flags for me.

Maybe a more knowledgeable person can give you a thumbs up or down.

Best,
              Jp

Comment

Thanks fellows. I appreciate your help and advice. Now I know it is a reproduction as I suspected.

Jerry

Comment

I'm not an expert by any means but it does seem to be the wrong colour and the stamp on it does seem to be out of place on an un-issued card. Here is a picture of one that was filled out. Notice it has an embossed rather than ink stamp.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That is some difference! Thanks so much for showing a REAL one. I think mine is a very sad reproduction for sure.

jL

Comment

The pre-stamping is not such an issue for me, i have seen blank NSDAP cards such as this pre-stamped, i have myself a blank NSDAP Gauleitung card in pale orange, the rear has been stamped such as this one and is original.

I would not discount this card yet Herr Viewfinder, Sean

Comment

Sean,

Thanks for the information. I will put it in the equation.

rgL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X