Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting photo!! Kav.Rgt. 5, 4 Kav.Div.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric-Jan Bakker View Post
    Ian,

Great photos !.......and an entire archive !

Any idea what Holste is wearing in his right hand ?

yours friendly

Eric-Jan
    Looks like some kind of Knuckle- Duster

Amazing photos guys!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
      No doubt these are in the book as well

Final roll call for the Regiment 9.6.1945!

Oberst Sauer and Major Bullinger RKT.

Although some are wearing awards, breast eagles have been removed. Bullinger only appears to be wearing his RK!

/Ian
      Is that correct, June 9, 1945, a month after the surrender?
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
        Is that correct, June 9, 1945, a month after the surrender?
        Yes it is
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey
          that last one is in Geschichte des Kavallerie-Regiments 5 "Feldmarschall von Mackensen
          by Gerd Stolz/ Eberhard Grieser
          Looks like they all are, however the photos did come from the Traditions Kavallerie Regiment Kameradschaft for Kav.Rgt. 8, Aufkl.Abt. 18, Reit.Rgt. 21 and Kav.Rgt. 5.....and others yet to sort them out!

Incidentally I have just ordered: Stolz, Gerd/Grieser, Eberhard; Geschichte des Kavallerie-Regiments 5 Feldmarschall v. Mackensen/Geschichte seiner Stamm-Regimenter in Abrissen und Erinnerungen 1741-1945

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Incidentally I have just ordered: Stolz, Gerd/Grieser, Eberhard; Geschichte des Kavallerie-Regiments 5 Feldmarschall v. Mackensen/Geschichte seiner Stamm-Regimenter in Abrissen und Erinnerungen 1741-1945
            Ian.

That is a GREAT book.

You'll enjoy every page.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
              Ian.

That is a GREAT book.

You'll enjoy every page.
              Will I Robin?

Looks live' I've got all the photos

The Kameradschaftsführer that this archive belonged to actually wrote a few books, including Kav.Rgt. 8 which I now have, Reit.Rgt. 21 and Aufkl.Abt. 18.....the latter two I am looking for currently.

/Ian

Comment

Will I Robin?
                Jawohl!

One of the mildly interesting things is that the book has an illustration (drawing) in it of one of the 'Berlin' find TKs being worn on the KR5 NCO shoulder strap.

Bearing in mind that the book was published a few decades before the Berlin find, I thought this was worth a mention.

Comment

Are there also any early war photos, 39\40, showing the carrying of sabres on their mounts?
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                    Are there also any early war photos, 39\40, showing the carrying of sabres on their mounts?
                    Plenty of photos from that era.

Including one showing von Hellermann....................who owned this thing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                      Plenty of photos from that era.

Including one showing von Hellermann....................who owned this thing.

I'm talking of the actual combat sabres rather than the toy ceremonial things, and during the Polish\French campaigns rather than on exercise or pre-war.

I've only ever seen a handful of such photos, all 1 Kav.Div., i dont know if the other mounted recce units also still carried them at that time.
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

This has to be there......Bestowal of the Cuff title "Feldmarschall von Mackensen".

Feldmarschall von Mackensen and Feldmarschall von Keitel, 6.12.1944.

Looking for some Cavalry with sabres for you Simon, so far not so good!
                        Attached Files

Comment

NB - Keitel is wearing the 20th July Wound Badge in the above photo.

Comment

Now you have mentioned it Robin, I can see that....wouldn't have taken any notice otherwise, was more interested in the cufftitle!

/Ian

Comment

Ian.

On the subject of Mackensen, I picked this up on eBay a couple of years ago.

The signature is original in ink.

It came with a letter from 1925 describing how Mackensen and other ex-Generals signed loads of these photos for sale at c.$20 USD each..............the proceeds going to the German war wounded. So even at that time, signatures of the old enemy were much in demand.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X