original paper is still out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

original paper is still out there

I forgot to show this originally packaged and unopened photo paper which I got at a local flea market not too long ago. Large 18 X 24 size, note "I.G. Farbenindustrie"
    Attached Files

9 X 12 with dealers tag and Reichsmark price.
    Attached Files

Comment

13 X 18 size with 10 sheets
      Attached Files

Comment

carton of Leonar paper with 25 sheets (post-war??) and Brovira Veluto with 100 sheets
        Attached Files

Comment

Brovira Brillant with 100 sheets
          Attached Files

Comment

notice on the later paper that "I.G. Farbenindustrie" is no longer mentioned and inch size is given
            Attached Files

Comment

Is the paper still good to use for devolpment?

Comment

should all be ok though the paper may loose some contrast. As long as they were not stored in a very warm place such as an attic they should still work though you might have to mix up your own developer for some of the more exotic papers as modern developer is designed for 'plastic' paper.

Comment

oh by the way these are not that vintage I would guess from the late 60s and early 70s.

Comment

I do not agree....especially when they are marked with a label RM (Reich Mark). Jim and I have have found these before at flea markets. A good example I found with photos inside the box.

Originally posted by byterock View Post
                    oh by the way these are not that vintage I would guess from the late 60s and early 70s.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think the paper not marked "I.G. Farbenindustrie" is maybe the 60's or 70's and Bill has a point- the paper with the "RM" Reichsmark price can only be from the 30's or late 40's. Whether or not this paper is still usable is a different question and that is a well taken point with the modern developer for modern paper. In any event, I just wanted to show that this type of paper still is on occasion found in Germany. I seem to remember an Austrian that had the best portrait photos as well as colored photos years ago on original paper. As it turned out he had the negatives and his family had a photographic business. He of course sold the photos as real and was in our area attempting to buy negatives to replace his which had become rather well-known!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X