Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autograph of Walter Schuck-Luftwaffe Ace

Here is my first autograph.
    I had to trudge through 2 feet of snow to get the package from the post office, about 2 blocks away. Now I know how the German's felt in Mother Russia!
    I should have just waited for my mom to get home and let me use her car .
    Oh well. What do you all think?
    Attached Files

First signed photo

Yes I can still remember the thrill of getting my first signed photo. I asked Viktor Petermann and he kindly replied. This was followed by over 800 more replies! I have a couple short of 350 RK Jagdflieger (a lot war time) now but getting the first was oh so good.

Bryan

PS nice picture!

Comment

mailman brings joy...

My first signed picture was from Otto Kretschmer, which I also will not forget. I am always eager to see what the postman brought us, it's a letter from Germany I will open it direct, all the bills and other crab can wait.

What I was wondering, did you enclose a sell adressed envelope, or included money for stamps? I can imagine that KC bearers get a lot of requests, and have to spend a considerable amount on postage each month.Particular when they have to send abroad, they might easily ' forget' it.

Kind regards,

Maurice

Comment

Even after corresponding with Ritterkreuztrager for the past 12 years I still get a buzz when the postman arrives ! My first reply was Heinrich Springer, (which incidently took over a year to arrive) and ever since then I have been well and truely hooked. You have a very nice photo of Walter Schuck and it is a nice example to start your collection with.
        Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Yes, I always put in a few Dollars (the OdR recommended this) which is only fair. I always included an International Postage Coupon and my letter was in English and German, hand written. I have to say I never put in an addressed envelope - I often received personalised envelopes which are very nice to keep. I also included a card with their award, unit, date, etc for them to sign incase they had no photo - which was some times the case. Lastly, I have kept all the envelopes and letters. I totalled up the number I have sent and it came to over 1200!! But I have not written in over 3 years now, except to personal friends.

Bryan

Comment

RKT Photos

Like Bryan above, I always send a form of payment (usually $) as this is only fair considering you are asking someone whom you do not know to go out of their way to send you something. Additionaly, I also include "International Reply Coupons" and an addressed envelope too. Where I have been able to locate a particularly nice example of a photograph of a Knights Cross recipient, I make a copy and send this also, with a request to sign. Finally, I too have written my letters in both German and English and I am pleased to say that I have had a very good response over the years.
            Regards Richard.
            Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X