Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehrenpokal doc on Estand.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=43548

Why hasn't this sold yet? I don't think that is a lot of money for one of these is it? Is there anything wrong with it?

Cheers,
    David.
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

I don't know for sure but here are some possibilities:

- No picture so no name, date, signatures, recipient .............. to check

- Ehrenpokal is a little bit particular thing - It is a set - Ehrenpokal + document, they are UNIQUE as both wear the name of the recipient. A goblet can be collected alone because it is esthetical, for a display ........... but a document alone has to have something more - name of the recipient, original signature of H.G., date ........... because if not it is simply not too interesting to have as you have very few chances to find the matching goblet.

- Now, if you have the Ehrenpokal matching with this document of course the price is a bargain - same if you have other docs to this recipient (to complete a group)

- The best would be a picture and a little research on the guy (recipient) - name, rank, unit, fonction, other medals........
    Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

There is a picture Francois, giving name, date etc.

You could be correct in that it is the Goblet that is the prize and the doc the bonus but, all the same, I am still surprised it hasn't sold. I am of course assuming it is an original and the seller has a number of other items up on the estand with no complaints.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers
      David.

PS. If you can't get the photo I can repost it here if you like.
      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Originally posted by David C
        PS. If you can't get the photo I can repost it here if you like.
        Yes, please ........... even if I can see it now

Comment

Originally posted by François SAEZ
          Yes, please ........... even if I can see it now
          Attached Files

Comment

document

I think another aspect is that this was to a Recon flier--most collectors I know are looking for fighter or bomber pilot pieces.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

He was pilot, no DKiG

Comment

So nothing wrong with it then just not desirable.
                Seems a shame.

David.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X