My first Waffen SS photo- Warschau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Waffen SS photo- Warschau

What do you all think of this? Got it about 2 weeks ago.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dunkirchen1940; 02-05-2004, 06:24 PM.

Hello,

so you're fifteen now... Good to be young! I started buying Spielberger's Militärfahrzeuge series and learned German a bit when I was your age... I did not collect real things then. Had there been the Internet (and money ) back then, my life would have been totally different!

Well, photo collecting is a difficult hobby! 10 people looks at differents topic on one photo in 10 (maybe 20) different ways. I am often amazed to see the lack of Panzer knowledge on ebay; not a few (well, understatement...) works with just "it's cool!" policy, thus Tigers and Panthers fetch high values, while rare vehicles sell just for 10. Sometimes two guys compete a photo at more than 100 with a reason but the rest of the bidders speaks only of a few dollars!

So it is important: why did you buy that photo? It will draw comments if you can clearly say what made you buy the photo! ( I assume you are expecting something more than "it's cool" type responses )

And if you money permits, always try to buy a group, not a single photo! Then you will likely have more clues regarding WHO, WHICH UNIT, WHERE, WHEN, WHAT of the scene.

Happy collecting!

Comment

Holiday moments !

Hi,

My god , i can read at the reverse side that those guys went off to holiday !

After hard work on the city....they obviously needed some rest !!

Interesting pic anyway.

niko

Comment

Well, I got it off of German Ebay. All the other 160 or so photos in my WWII German collection were either WH, LW, or KM, and I want SS badly. I had one Allgemeine SS photo taken during a parade in Nurnburg, but I wanted a Waffen SS photo. This one cought my eye because of the sword. I won it for about $5.00.
        Thanks!
        Karl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X