Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP...Who is this General?

Hello fellows:

I can not make out the name of the general that signed this document but according to a friend of mine that reads German it says that this general was a full general and the commanding general in France? He says it is hard to make out the signature but that it looks like "M. Shignepn"?. I could not find that name anywhere and the spelling obviously is incorrect.

Does anybody know the name of this general?

Thanks,

John
    Attached Files

close up
    Attached Files

Comment

His signature is on a KVK 2 document...I would think it was not common for a general to sign such a common award document:
      Attached Files

Comment

Ach! Poor old Major zV Kramme... his documents are scattered to the winds! I've even SEEN some, at the Union, New Jersey show! He suffers-- Kramme, that is-- from having the UNIQUE failure in my experience of EVER having his first name recorded on ANY award document-- and this is now, with this one, over a 44 year spread!

(You can find some more about HIM by searching "Kramme" in Imperial-- I'm sure he's in the back pages, maybe with some of his documents shown. A couple were owned briefly by a member in Australia recently. This is the first appearance I've ever seen of his KVK document though)

Signed by Otto von Stülpnagel, Military Commandant of France, headquartered in Paris, from 25 October 1940. He was born 16 June 1878 in Berlin, served in the army 10.1.97 to 1.4.31 and again 1.8.35 ri 31.3.39 and AGAIN 1.9.39 (he actually waffled back and forth from the army to the air force in the 1930s ) He committed suicide 6 February 1948 in Paris while awaiting war crimes trials.

I've even got a few of Kramme's documents-- going back to research for then-owners in the 1980s-- in my Vast Archives. But it's too late for that tonight/this "morning." Brain Must Rest.......

Comment

Hi John,

this must be General der Infantrie Otto von Stülpnagel - he was Militärbefehlshaber in Frankreich 25. Oct. 1940 - 14. Feb. 1942.

Best wishes

Joerg

Comment

Rick was faster again!

Comment

I get excited when another piece of Kramme turns up!

Comment

Hi Rick and Joerg:

You guys are terrific!!!

Thank you for this information. I also have a Hindenburg cross document to the Major and what may be a picture of him.

Rick...you mentioned that there are a lot of documents to this Major. Could they be reproductions?

Thanks,

John

Comment

I am confused by the older thread...is Kramme a name that fakers are putting on documents?

Can you guys shed any light on this?

Thanks,

John

Comment

Hi Rick:

I just checked the other document I have to him and it lists his first name. What medal is this document for? I have seen these documents before but am not sure what medal they are for.

John
                    Attached Files

Comment

close up
                      Attached Files

Comment

It is for the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer, or Honor Cross for Combatants, commonly called the Hindenburg Cross, the medal for combat service in World War One.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Danner
                          It is for the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer, or Honor Cross for Combatants, commonly called the Hindenburg Cross, the medal for combat service in World War One.
                          Hi Dave:

Thank you for that information.,

John

Comment

Well son of a gun! I've never encountered THAT one in 25 years of having people bring bits and pieces to me for research, either-- you may have stumbled across the Mother Lode Of Kramme!

<marquee behavior=alternate> </marquee>

No problem with these documents at all-- they are absolutely original and NOT "General Bader" items--

what I'm saying is that (given my long interest in German officer research) I have seen bits and pieces of this guy's papers surface since Jimmy Carter was debating Ronald Reagan:

I have never known a group more split up that has continued to surface. If I had been a Smart Ricky and just BOUGHT the freakin' things one at a time all these years, I'd had MOST of 'em back together! As it is, I have never seen any turn up for "public" sale (as in on Manion's etc) nor until a Forums member recently had a couple, seen any for sale AFTER turning up:

Somebody who wants a Long Term Goal For Collecting would be well advised to Kramme-tize and watch for things to surface over the NEXT 25 years!

He actually had quite an excellent service record too, as I've PM'd John.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X