Glider bade in wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glider bade in wear

A beautiful photo of a Glider badge in wear, pilot is known. Hopefully you guys like it.

Please not copy without permission.

Friendly regards
    Bart

Nice man!
    Cheers, Steve
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

G.I. all dressed up?

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
        G.I. all dressed up?
        Why do you think that?
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Here is anotherone.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
            Why do you think that?
            Only because he is a fairly low-ranking EM wearing an officer's cap, with no indication on his uniform that he is an officer aspirant. Looks similar to some photos I have seen of G.I.'s dressed up in mixed German uniforms they found. Very nice shot of the glider badge, in any case!

Comment

As said pilot is known, Mirowsky.

Regards

Comment

Strange photo, his undershirt is not regulation, and he is not a Fahnenjunker, so the hat is wrong as well.

Comment

They did many did against regulations. Only the hat is strange. Either way this is not staged or a Hollywood actor or GI.. This is a real pilot, he is called Mirowsky and fought in Crete in Sturm-Regiment 2. I don't know exact many from him. Hopefully somebody else does. There are many other photos from him, only could get this.

Many thanks,
                  Bart
                  www.vlaamslegioen.com

Comment

That cap doesn't seem to fit him at all so somebody elses i guess.
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                      That cap doesn't seem to fit him at all so somebody elses i guess.
                      Could be loose on the head. Sometimes they gave for portraits an other cap to make a beautiful picture like when the soldier had a schiffchen or didn't wore his headgear at that moment, then they sometimes gave them headgear (the studiophotographer). I think this photo was made somewhere near Crete or where it is hot, you can see he didn't cloth himself warm (t-shirt open, not thick t-shirt, probably only undershirt he is wearing), so probably somewhere where it is hot.

Friendly regards,
                      bart

Comment

glider

Hello,

First Bart thank you for showing this wonderfull picture => i know it was part of the Mirowsky legacy but the person shown in the first picture is NOT Rudolf Mirowsky.

He is a unidentifyed Gefreiter who was also a glider pilot (check out his glider badge => that is the large eagle variant) and the was also holde rof the SIlver C glider profiency badge.

The named soldeir (Rudolf) Mirowsky was indeed at Crete etc.... and the sold pictures did belong once toward shim. He is a Blond chap with a different face then this one.

Is tehre anything written on the back of the picture?

Cordial greetings,
                        my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Thanks for the reply, well more information cleared here. No, there is nothing written on the back.

Friendly regards,
                          Bart

Comment

Hello Bart,

David is correct the photo you posted is not of Uffz Mirowski...here is a photo from that grouping and he is the chap in the middle wearing the glider badge.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a close up photo of Uffz Mirowsky
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X