KZ Dachau K3 Feldpost envelope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KZ Dachau K3 Feldpost envelope

Hi. I show you one of the first items I purchased related to KZ collectibles a year ago. It's an empty envelope of a letter sent by SS-Rottenführer A. Eisenstein. to his Frau in Wien from the Dachau camp. This is the info I found about Eisenstein:

Alfred von Eisenstein was a young Waffen-SS Unterscharführer and Rottenführer on the staff of the Kommandant at the Nazi Konzentrationslager Dachau (KLD or Dachau Concentration Camp) during the period 1940 - 1942. His complete address was 1/SS T. Stuba [Totenkopf Verband] -K.L.Dachau 3K, 1 Komp. 2 Zug.

After leaving Dachau Concentration Camp, Alfred von Eisenstein also served on the staff of the Kommandant at the Nazi Concentration Camps at Herzogenbusch in Holland, at Sachsenhausen and at Oranienburg near Berlin.

After the photos, an interesting question regarding Herr Eisenstein and a possible fake envelope being sold in Ebay. Read below please.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gernika81; 01-19-2010, 08:05 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And now, I've a question for you. Searching the Internet, I've found in Ebay an empty envelope from the same Alfred von Eisenstein, but when he had the rank of Unterscharführer. If I'm not mistaken, Rottenführer is less than Unterscharführer, and Eisenstein, as the stamp of my envelope marks the date 9-2-42, was a Rttf. (SS-Rottenführer) in 1942. So how could the envelope from ebay have the date: 30-12-40 being Eisenstein a SS-Unterscharführer?
          Another question: The Unterscharführer rank wasn't abbreviated as Uscha. and not as Uschf. as it is written in the supposed fake envelope from Ebay?
          Is that enough to talk about another faked KZ item? Mine was bought from a serious source, who had many envelopes bought from Eisenstein's Frau.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Gernika81; 01-19-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X