EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KZ Mauthausen letter. Interesting document.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KZ Mauthausen letter. Interesting document.

Hi guys. Here's a really nice original letter from an inmate of the KZ Mauthausen, dated 1941. This is the first letter I own regarding a KZ. It's really interesting the censorship stamp to the back and the rules the inmates should follow if they wanted to send a letter to their relatives. Sadly, most of them lost their lives there... This one is from a man called ¿Vacklav Vleek? I cannot read that kind of writting very well... The letter comes from Czech Republic, so the inmate could have been from that country. The letter is written in german, and it deals with some clothes the poor inmate is asking for to his relatives or so. In end october, the temperatures began to be lower...He asks for one warm shirt, trousers, one warm vest, a pair of handgloves, 2 pair of socks and 2 handkerchiefs. Really sad and touching I didn't know that inmates could ask their relatives to send 'em clothes. I thought they only were alowed to wear the camp clothes...

The inmate has the number: 6654 and he was in the Block 8 Store B?

If anyone could help me identify this person, it would be great. I'd like to know if he survived the horror. Is there any list of people who were in KZ Mauthausen?

Thanks to the seller from whom I got it!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gernika81; 01-19-2010, 04:11 PM.

close-up
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Censorship stamp
        Attached Files

Comment

Gernika81,

Nice one!
          Can you post image of other side?
          Jp

Comment

Hi John. Thank you. It's blank. Nothing written. Only the stamp of censorship and ten rows to write on them. Nothing else...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X