Flieger HJ photo album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flieger HJ photo album

Hi all, here is a photo album I picked up a while back of the flieger hj. Some interesting shots. I particularly liked this as my better halfs uncle flew these when he was 13 in the Sudetenland. He told me a story of the first flight where he was just a little underweight, so filled his pockets with stones to push his weight up, before getting into the spatz (sparrow). When we went to the museum at Sinsheim, two years ago, there was one of these gliders hanging from the ceiling. Really interesting. Hope you enjoy looking at these photos.
    kind regards John
    Attached Files

page 1 the five boys on the "gummihunde" bottom right.
    Attached Files

Comment

page 2 entitled NS Fliegerkorps. I wouldnt fancy flying that thing on the bottom left!
      Attached Files

Comment

next page......................
        Attached Files

Comment

A few more shots of the SG 38 glider
          Attached Files

Comment

The glider on the left looks really rickety. The centre shot shows the rubber ropes still attached to the front of the SG38 while the RH shot shows the height they were going up too.
            Attached Files

Comment

I like how he says he was anxious!
              Attached Files

Comment

Could this be the owner of the album???
                Attached Files

Comment

The final shot is of a strange aircraft. A four engined bomber?? Need some help in identifying this one. I thought originaly something like the Me 264 VI, but I just dont know as the tail is different in that its a square shape instead of swept back on the front edges as the 264VI had. Maybe some of the luft boys will know for sure?
                  regards John
                  Attached Files

Comment

The photo itself without the image being blown up.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Those are excellent, thanks for posting them.

Comment

Junckers Ju-89

Hello All,

That aeroplane with the handsome profile is a Junckers Ju-89. It's an early variant which can be determined by that huge box tail.

Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_Ju_89

Too bad no markings can be seen to date it. Should it turn out to be one of the prototypes you'd have yourself quite a little treasure. What am I saying - you've already got it with that album. That photo is just icing on the cake.

Best Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X