Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen docs

I thought it might be interesting and useful to try and assemble in one thread examples of the High Seas Fleet war Badge award document.

To kick things off we have an example to a crew member of the Battleship "TIRPITZ" . The date of the award is some two and a half months after Operation "SOURCE" the famous attack by midget submarines of the Royal Navy which severely damaged the battleship. Whether or not this attack and the brief foray up to Spitzbergen earlier in September '43 qualified Ströh for this decoration i don't know but its pretty much the only activity the "Lonely Queen of the North" was involved in during the second half of 1943.
    The signature is worthy of note. It belongs to Konteradmiral Erich Bey (RK. 09.05.40) who by this time was Führer der Zerstörer and commanded a kampfgrüppe based at Alta northern Norway. Just sixteen days after he signed this award document Bey died whilst on board SCHARNHORST during the battle of the North cape.

regards

Simon
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Simon,

Indeed an interesting subject. I will post 2 examples - one for the Prinz Eugen & one for the Lützow - as soon as I have acces to a scanner!

Kind regards,

Maurice

Comment

Here is a document to the Blücher.

Comment

And the same guy's EK2 (I have his Soldbuch also - he later served on the Tirpitz)

Comment

I just came across this thread....

"Leipzig"

George
          George

Comment

Flottenkriegsabzeichen

Document sent to the families after the loss of the Bismarck

Comment

Hi,
              which market value has a Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen (High-seas badge) DOCUMENT? What would a fair price be?

Thanks in advance
              Petrus

Comment

That's completely dependent upon which ship we're talking of. Anywhere from 250 Euros upwards to 1000 or 1500 euros.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi and thanks Simon,

in your opinion, which ships are to be considered as most valuable? (Bismarck, Tirpitz?)

Cheers
                  Petrus

Comment

Bismarck would be at the top, there are a couple for sale at the moment. One for 1100 and the other 1650.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X