Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with this RK award docu

hi all!

i have this copy of docu, i think it´s a copy beacuse on the reverse says "copyraid-positive" ,i have found it on a boook i´ve bought some days ago.
    can someone translate it?
    and what about the cross? i think it could be one of the last or maybe the last RK awarded?

thanks

Text:
    For the battles in the area to the south of Middle Ostenholz, the KC to the EK is awarded to Captain Lotze by the Grosan Division.

To have any hope of finding out it's real, you'll have to do some research into whatever the Division Grosan is, where Ostenholz Mitte is, and if there was a Captain Lotze. I don't have a clue in the world.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Who knows for sure ?

The signatures by Raume Ostenholtz do not match. I feel it is more likely a copy of a forgery IMO. If you sign your own name in two spots they will have the same traits, and these do not. It is also devoid of any official stamps Like a notary would use. I dont think it has much of a chance.

Comment

Looks like a period copy of the original note.

As you say Javi, one of the very last RK awarded

http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_...archword=lotze

The area, dates, units and signatures all hang together.

The lack of stamp is quite understandable given the date and this is the way they 'stamped' a document if one wasn't available.

If you google kampfgruppe Grosan you'll find some info about the formation
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

thank youuuuuuuu very much!

I think its a period docu copy too, no idea when was made, i´ve found it in a book from all RK owners at WW2. it was in the middles pages.

thanks!

Comment

i´ve read this on the web

Großadmiral Karl Dönitz had ordered the cessation of all promotions and awards as of 11 May 1945 (Dönitz decree). Consequently the last Knight's Cross awarded to Oberleutnant zur See of the Reserves Georg-Wolfgang Feller on 17 June 1945 must therefore be considered a de facto but not de jure hand-out.[13]

Comment

Yes, a complicated subject and there's a long thread about it on the Axis history forum. Search for Lotze or Grosan and you'll find it.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X