Question for GJ collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for GJ collectors

This pics show (like you can see) a group of SS GJ (I think) in one training camp, during the Xmas time.I know that this is one impossible (or stupid) question...but do you know (have you ever seen in other pics) this barack or (better) this place?
    Attached Files

The use of canteen cups and the rough and ready nature of the room makes me think it could be from the Nord division in Finland, in spite of the map on the wall showing southern europe and north africa.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Is there a chance that they are from a Waffen SS GJ unit stationed in or near Jugoslavia? I only say that due to the map and the fact that those type units were involved in that area. Also....I agree, they are definitely not in a home station Kaserne...but rather, at the front which is evident do to the rough nature of the billets.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks to Simon and Wessels....yes accordind to my collection I hope that it is a Croatian, Italian or Romanian place (Goslar, or Gradisca for exemple...) anyway the research must go on...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X