Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA related document-translation help needed

Hello,

I am hopeing someone can give me a english translation/partial translation of this document-this page is from a personalakte file i have for a RAD officer who served in the SA osterreich legion prior to becomeing a RAD officer and abteilung fuhrer-I know its alot to translate it doesnt have to be word for word,Im looking for intersting info/facts regarding his SA service-I will post the document in 2 parts as it is alot of info-

thanks in advance

Yancy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Radcollector; 01-15-2004, 10:30 AM.

Translation

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin
    Hello,

I am hopeing someone can give me a english translation/partial translation of this document-this page is from a personalakte file i have for a RAD officer who served in the SA osterreich legion prior to becomeing a RAD officer and abteilung fuhrer-I know its alot to translate it doesnt have to be word for word,Im looking for intersting info/facts regarding his SA service-I will post the document in 2 parts as it is alot of info-

thanks in advance

Yancy
    Hi Yancy

Here is a translation of your document.In fact I think it is quite interresting , as it relates the person to the so called Pfriemer Putsch .
    Here we go :

Austrian Agency

Certificate

This is to testify that PG (Party Member) Max Hofer , SA Trupp-leader , now in the SA Leader-School RB , was an active member of the Styrian Home Guard from January 1927 untill the prohibition of the Styrian Home Guard (June 19 ,1933) that also was the date of prohibition of the NSDAP in Austria.

PG Max Hofer had the rank of a Company Commander , later that of a "Half-Commander " (Sorry I dont know what this rank means!).
    He took part in the Styrian Dr.Pfriemer Putsch on September 13 , 1931.

All personell of the Styrian Home Guard wastransferred into the NSDAP and SA. PG Hofer promoted to Bezirksleiter (agengy leader) of the party and at the same time he also became Military Advisor at Sturmbann III/47.

During the prohibition of the NSDAP he was sentenced to a 16 days imprisonment for high treason and agitation.
    Besides of that he was also fined to 1000 Schillings for being an active member of the forbidden NSDAP.

Hope this helps.

Greetings from Austria

Bernhard

Comment

Originally posted by Bernhard
      Hi Yancy

Here is a translation of your document.In fact I think it is quite interresting , as it relates the person to the so called Pfriemer Putsch .
      Here we go :

Austrian Agency

Certificate

This is to testify that PG (Party Member) Max Hofer , SA Trupp-leader , now in the SA Leader-School RB , was an active member of the Styrian Home Guard from January 1927 untill the prohibition of the Styrian Home Guard (June 19 ,1933) that also was the date of prohibition of the NSDAP in Austria.

PG Max Hofer had the rank of a Company Commander , later that of a "Half-Commander " (Sorry I dont know what this rank means!).
      He took part in the Styrian Dr.Pfriemer Putsch on September 13 , 1931.

All personell of the Styrian Home Guard wastransferred into the NSDAP and SA. PG Hofer promoted to Bezirksleiter (agengy leader) of the party and at the same time he also became Military Advisor at Sturmbann III/47.

During the prohibition of the NSDAP he was sentenced to a 16 days imprisonment for high treason and agitation.
      Besides of that he was also fined to 1000 Schillings for being an active member of the forbidden NSDAP.

Hope this helps.

Greetings from Austria

Bernhard
      Hello ,

thank you very much Bernhard,your help is greatly appreciated!!it is indeed very interesting information-16 days imprisonment doesnt seem like much of a punishment for treason!!I am now posting the bottom half of the same document,it was to big to scan all at once and still be readable-

regards Yancy
      Attached Files

Comment

Translation II

Hello ,

thank you very much Bernhard,your help is greatly appreciated!!it is indeed very interesting information-16 days imprisonment doesnt seem like much of a punishment for treason!!I am now posting the bottom half of the same document,it was to big to scan all at once and still be readable-

regards Yancy
        OK here is the second part , let`s try this one too.

PG Hofer had to leave Austria because of political reasons.

Because of the transfer of the personnel of the Styrian Home Guard into the NSDAP and also into the SA , all members of the Styrian Home Guard were promised that their time of active duty within the Home Guard would be taken in to full acount as being active members of the NSDAP and SA.

A formal transfer of the members of the Home Guard (that means issue of Party Membership Book) had not been possible because of the political situation in Austria during the time of prohibition.

That`s it , hope it helps !

Bernhard

Comment

OK here is the second part , let`s try this one too.

PG Hofer had to leave Austria because of political reasons.

Because of the transfer of the personnel of the Styrian Home Guard into the NSDAP and also into the SA , all members of the Styrian Home Guard were promised that their time of active duty within the Home Guard would be taken in to full acount as being active members of the NSDAP and SA.

A formal transfer of the members of the Home Guard (that means issue of Party Membership Book) had not been possible because of the political situation in Austria during the time of prohibition.

That`s it , hope it helps !

Bernhard
          Hello Bernhard,

thank you very much,I appreciate the time and effort you put into translateing the document,thats one of the reasons i love this forum, people are allways willing to help out with questions-translations etc-it is a very intersting document ,one of several regarding this mans political/SA service,he also is a decorated vetran of WW1,and of course the whole reason i bought the personalakte in the first place he was a RAD officer and abteilung commander that served with the RAD in Russia-he had a very interesting life!!when i complete my research and figure everything out about him (with help from members of the forum of course!) i will post a Biography of this man on the forum-thanks again for the help!

regards Yancy

Comment

Hello Bernhard,

thank you very much,I appreciate the time and effort you put into translateing the document,thats one of the reasons i love this forum, people are allways willing to help out with questions-translations etc-it is a very intersting document ,one of several regarding this mans political/SA service,he also is a decorated vetran of WW1,and of course the whole reason i bought the personalakte in the first place he was a RAD officer and abteilung commander that served with the RAD in Russia-he had a very interesting life!!when i complete my research and figure everything out about him (with help from members of the forum of course!) i will post a Biography of this man on the forum-thanks again for the help!

regards Yancy
            Hello,

here is another document(a smaller one this time!) in his personalakte file that i would like to have english translation of-Im also curious about Gebirgs Jager Standarte 27 "Frield Sekanek"-does anyone have any info on this unit?
            this one was harder to scan as it is the middle of the file and i do not want to remove documents to scan them-

regards Yancy
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

here is another document(a smaller one this time!) in his personalakte file that i would like to have english translation of-Im also curious about Gebirgs Jager Standarte 27 "Frield Sekanek"-does anyone have any info on this unit?
              this one was harder to scan as it is the middle of the file and i do not want to remove documents to scan them-

regards Yancy
              here is a little better scan,when i scan it like this it cuts off the first word in every sentence-
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Radcollector; 01-20-2004, 03:06 PM.

Comment

here is a little better scan,when i scan it like this it cuts off the first word in every sentence-
                Hi Yancy , here we go again . I did a search on the name Friedl Sekanek and found out , that this guy seems to have been a so called "Alter Kämpfer" of the then forbidden Nazi Party.The city of Graz renamed a very well known street after him.

"Hereby the Standarte 27 testifies that Oberstfeldmeister Max Hofer returned to the Ostmark in April 1938 , holding the rank of a Legion Hauptsturmführer in the
                Austrian-Legion.
                Then served as a leader in Standarte 18 later he joined Standarte 27.

Hauptsturmführer Hofer left active service in the SA on his own wish to be transferred to the RAD as Führer again.

Hofer fulfilled his duties anytime and with sense of duty."

Greetings

Bernhard

Comment

Hi Yancy , here we go again . I did a search on the name Friedl Sekanek and found out , that this guy seems to have been a so called "Alter Kämpfer" of the then forbidden Nazi Party.The city of Graz renamed a very well known street after him.

"Hereby the Standarte 27 testifies that Oberstfeldmeister Max Hofer returned to the Ostmark in April 1938 , holding the rank of a Legion Hauptsturmführer in the
                  Austrian-Legion.
                  Then served as a leader in Standarte 18 later he joined Standarte 27.

Hauptsturmführer Hofer left active service in the SA on his own wish to be transferred to the RAD as Führer again.

Hofer fulfilled his duties anytime and with sense of duty."

Greetings

Bernhard
                  Hello,

thanks again Bernhard!! once again very interesting information-

regards Yancy

Comment

Very, very interesting stuff.
                    Looks like Hofer qualified for a Blood Order (Austrian service).
                    Do you have his awards list in the file? Also, are there any applications or docs for party long service awards in the file at all?
                    Thanks,
                    JeMc?

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh
                      Very, very interesting stuff.
                      Looks like Hofer qualified for a Blood Order (Austrian service).
                      Do you have his awards list in the file? Also, are there any applications or docs for party long service awards in the file at all?
                      Thanks,
                      JeMc?
                      Hello Jeff,

yes there is an awards list in the file,Hoffer recieved the following awards

WW1 service

Karl Truppenkruez
                      Bronze Tapferkeitsmedaille

1928 landesdenkmunze 1914-1918 landes Tirol (Im not sure what that one is?)

1935 Reichssportsabzzeichen in Silber
                      1935 SA sportsabzeichen in Bronze
                      1936 Ehrenkruez fur Frontkampfer (does anyone know what this is?I tried a search of the site but didnt come up with any info or pictures of this award?)
                      1937 Reichsportsabzeichen in Gold
                      1941 Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz
                      1941 kreigsverdienstkruez 2,klassem.schwertern

as for a application or docs for a party long service award I will have to check,there are 144 documents in this file,my german language skills are very poor so its takeing me a long time to figure out what everything is (with alot of help from forum members of course!) I have all his info on his WW1 service (with alot of help from our "Imperial" guys!) and am now working on gathering all his info on his SA service,I havent even begun to get all his RAD service info together yet,there are a ton of documents pertaining to that-I will look for info regarding a long service award as you now haave me curious about this as well!!

regards Yancy

Comment

added info...

The Ehrenkreuz fur Frontkampfer is also known as the Hindenburg Cross-the 1914-1918 service medal.
                        Interesting, because I've seen Austrian groups of similar types of men who later were awarded the Blutorden. One is quoted in "The Good Old Days".
                        Last edited by McCulloh; 01-21-2004, 12:31 PM. Reason: add photo from search

Comment

SA unit

Yancy,
                          Here's some info about the SA unit:
                          GJ27 Graz The unit had the honor name 'Friedl Sekanek'.
                          HQ at Grabenstraße 76 in Graz
                          under GJ Brigade 95
                          Group Südmark
                          Commanders:
                          Standartenführer Franz Speer
                          Sturmbannführer Johann Jäger

It does sound like he qualified for the Blood Order 2nd type, but it's unknown if he ever actually was awarded it.

Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich
                            Yancy,
                            Here's some info about the SA unit:
                            GJ27 Graz The unit had the honor name 'Friedl Sekanek'.
                            HQ at Grabenstraße 76 in Graz
                            under GJ Brigade 95
                            Group Südmark
                            Commanders:
                            Standartenführer Franz Speer
                            Sturmbannführer Johann Jäger

It does sound like he qualified for the Blood Order 2nd type, but it's unknown if he ever actually was awarded it.

Erich
                            Hello,

thanks Erich for the unit info!there is a pre printed form that asks about political organization membership -awards etc,Hoffers has the dates of his entry into the NSDAP and SA along with the membership numbers-dates and numbers of his awards-there was a spot for the blood order and a date but this was left blank so im guessing he was never awarded the blood order-I did find 2 more awards listed in his RAD dienstausweis that were not listed in his file,one being the czech annexation medal,im not sure about the other one,I coulndt really read the writting.

Yancy

Comment

Can we see the awards section of the RAD dienstausweis pleeeeease?
                              I am especially interested in seeing if he got any of the party LS medals.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X