Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 photo albums

Hello,

I have never really delved into the area of TR photographs especially whole albums. I have just been presented with the opportunity to pick up three massive albums with somewhere around 100 photo's in each album. Two of these are Luftwaffe and one is Kreigsmarine. They are really nice, most all of the photo's are smaller size around 3x5 or so. The albums themselves are in great condition. The seller asks for 350$ each.

I have been scouring the internet for two days now trying to find something comparable. I have not suceeded. Does anyone have a link to a site that offers photo albums for sale? I have no clue if this price is fair or not, as I have no clue what TR photo albums sell for.

I want to buy them, but I will only do so if it is a deal, as it is a hard time right now financial speaking.

Any help would be greaatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

Originally posted by John Macrini View Post
    Hello,

I have never really delved into the area of TR photographs especially whole albums. I have just been presented with the opportunity to pick up three massive albums with somewhere around 100 photo's in each album. Two of these are Luftwaffe and one is Kreigsmarine. They are really nice, most all of the photo's are smaller size around 3x5 or so. The albums themselves are in great condition. The seller asks for 350$ each.

I have been scouring the internet for two days now trying to find something comparable. I have not suceeded. Does anyone have a link to a site that offers photo albums for sale? I have no clue if this price is fair or not, as I have no clue what TR photo albums sell for.

I want to buy them, but I will only do so if it is a deal, as it is a hard time right now financial speaking.

Thanks,
    John
    hi can u get some photos of them up on here.so i can see what is in them its all about what is in the photos and who.albums can go from $50-$4000 and more..

Comment

Originally posted by John Macrini View Post
      Hello,

Thanks,
      John
      Do a search back through the estand 'Photos and Paper Items' for 'album' and you will find lots of albums to compare. 100 pictures per album is not massive it would be probably average or even below. Generally you would expect their condition to be very good for all albums. As mentioned value depends on subject matter, date, technical photographs, locations and personalities etc. $350 for say .. . a bog standard eastern front album would be on the high side unless there was something nice in it that you particularly wanted.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone..... I think that I will try and sit down and examine them closer taking into account what you guys have said here and try and decide what to do.

Thanks again.......I'll keep you guys updated.

John

Comment

John, $ 350 per album when you are buying 3 with only 100 photos each sounds rather high unless there are special photos such as aircraft, heavy ships or U-Boot. Average photo albums with 100 photos can actually be picked up for under $100 and normally if you are buying 3 you would get a price break. A Kriegsmarine album without heavy ships, Schnellboote or U-Boot is hard to get rid of unless there is something special about it like a Knights Cross winner visit. Before you invest this money I would critically look around on the market.

Comment

Rick White's website should give you a general feel for how photos are valued.

http://www.historical-media.com/

A Kriegsmarine album without heavy ships, Schnellboote or U-Boot is hard to get rid of unless there is something special about it like a Knights Cross winner visit.
            Not for us Norwegian collectors I think most of us would rather not have the big ships and u-boats in an album knowing how they tend to drive prices up.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks, realistically speaking there are probably closer to 100 pages per album and anywhere from 4 to 6 photo's per page. I have not really examined them for content, as I did not really know what was desireable. I think that I am going to check them out more closely on Thursday or Friday. But like I said, I had no idea what criteria photo collectors go by when determining whether or not it is a rare or desirable or valuable photograph. But now I have something to go on. And 350 was his asking price, I can probably pick them up for substantially less than that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
              X