knights cross winner soldbuch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knights cross winner soldbuch

I am looking at a knights cross winner grouping. The grouping has a variety items, one of which is the soldbuch of the winner. The seller, as a part of the total price of the grouping, has placed the value of this item at $3,000. I know the value of the other items, but thought this was high for the soldbuch, but know nothing about them. Is this high for a knights cross winner? I noticed the Otto Baum one was going for over $5,000, but he was famous. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help.

My experience has been that the price quoted is in keeping with most dealer's prices generally around the $2000-3000 range. However, depending on unit and personality this price can soon double or triple.

Dylan

Comment

Thanks. This is from a luftwaffe bomber pilot from KG606 who was responsible for the sinking of dozens of allied ships, including a pocket aircraft carrier. He achieved the rank of colonel during the war, and was later a general in the west german airforce. I do not know how this ranks with characteristics you noted, but it sounds like the 3K price is not out of line from a dealer. Thanks

Comment

I echo what Dylan has said...$2000-$3000 is a starting point....depending on what the guy did, what unit he belonged to, what other awards he had etc.
        Shopping round you will find cheaper but you will also find some bloody expensive!!!

KG 66? http://www.ww2.dk/air/kampf/kg66.htm

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X