Best Signal cover photos - post yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Signal cover photos - post yours!

I am a big fan of the German propaganda magazine 'Signal' they have some really impressive front covers.
    I've been buying some original magazines in over the past few months and think this cover of anti tank gunners celebrating hitting a target on the russian front is one of my favourite front covers - anybody got any other favourites?
    Attached Files

I like "Signal" magazines too. They have some really nice pictures and covers. My current favorite is this one

Comment

I am trying to find a picture of the cover with U.S. Grant on it. I almost bought it a while ago but somebody sniped me!
      Does anyone have a picture of it?

Comment

Signa(a)l covers

Hello guys, here r my favourite covers:

Greetz

Michael

Comment

Hi,

I think the Leon Degrelle cover is one of the best, but the most dynamic cover photo for me was the "Fallschirmmjager" caught jumping from a JU52 during the Dutch campaign.
          I remember buying a Dutch language copy of this magazine in the early 1970's for the ridiculously expensive price of 75p.
          Mind you, the dealer; (wish I could remember his name - was based in Kingston-upon-Thames) was renowned for overpriced items!
          He claimed at the time that he had sold a Wehrmacht officers uniform to Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones for the infamous (at the time) underfoot "crushed doll" photoshoot!
          Who knows?

Very best wishes,

John.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by leibermuster View Post
              I am trying to find a picture of the cover with U.S. Grant on it. I almost bought it a while ago but somebody sniped me!
              Does anyone have a picture of it?
              Here it is:

Comment

You should check into Die Woche 1939 to 1944. I know most collectors go for Signal however Die Wehrmacht, Der Adler and Die Woche have incredible photography. Also many contain some great lost images.

Thanks to Wartimepress for cataloging all these. If your missing some it's a great resource.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi gents,

I really like this thread!
                  One of my collecting interests is in TR period magazines and newspapers.
                  Whilst "Signal" appears to be the most desirable magazine for collectors, with many stunning photographs; (wonder how many have filled the pages of WW2 books over the years?) other magazines are also of great interest.
                  Titles that come to mind are, as stated in a previous comment:= "Die Wehrmacht", "Der Adler", (the only magazine with more "special" than regular issues?) for military enthusiasts.
                  I collect a lot of civil material, and for me "Hilf Mit!" and "Der Arbeitertum" with other publications such as "Illustrierter Beobachter" and "Neue Illustriete Zeitung" the anti-semitic "Volk Und Rasse" are of considerable interest.
                  First went to Germany about eight years ago, "Signal" were 3 Euro, "Adler/Die Wehrmacht" 2 Euro, the civil titles were about 1 Euro each; and "Volk Und Rasse" were 5 Euro!
                  Amassed a large (200+) collection of magazines for very little outlay and still have them in my collection.
                  I think that was "the good old days" for me!

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X