Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Heer Officer Promotion Documents

Dear All-

I am considering buying a grouping that includes two original formal promotion documents with Hitler facsimile signatures and an orignal von Brautitsch sig on one and an original Keitel signature on the other. These are the large-sized docs with the embossed, gilded Whermacht eagle on the cover. I have no idea what a rough value is for these - can anyone help me out?

Don

promo docs.

Don,

A general price range for these formal promotion documents is between 100-175 Euro.

There are a few variables that would increase the overall value those being:

1. rank (once you starting pushing beyond the rank of Major the prices increase).
    2. recipients having been awarded higher decorations (i.e. Knights Cross, DKiG, etc.)
    3. notable figure (interesting unit at time of promotion, who they served with, under etc.)

That said the market is unpredictable right now and items I would expect to go for more are selling at reduced values.

Regards

Jeremy

Comment

Thanks, Jeremy -

I appreciate that information - the docs are Major to Oberstleutnant and Oberstleutnant to Oberst. The guy was not a "name" guy nor heavily decorated. I don't intend to split the group so I was just looking for a ballpark value so I didn't get hosed.

Thanks a lot!

Don

Comment

It will also depend on who you are buying from, a fellow collector or dealer (and which dealer!). A lot of dealer's will see the signatures of von Brauchitsch & Keitel and hike the price up some more. If you go to a dealers site I don't think you will find a similar document for less than $250-300, much less two of them.
        There is an American based dealer that is selling a similar type of promotion document as you mention with the same type of cover but for the Kriegsmarine and signed by Admiral Raeder and he is asking $400 for it (and that is after reducing it from $595) and yet on the e-stand here I bought a similar item from a collector, again signed by Raeder, for approx $110. Admittedly mine didn't have the cardboard 'eagle' cover but that alone wouldn't account for the difference in prices.
        And as mentioned above, there are variables to add in - is the officer a member of an elite/renowned unit?

Comment

Thanks, Hucks - I saw that one as well - it is the same type of document - I figured it may be worth a little more as the KM was a smaller branch of service and the docs would be correspondingly rarer.

Thanks!

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X