DACHAU Envelope [?]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DACHAU Envelope [?]

I've had this for years and believed that it was as it appeared to be. Being more critical now I'm having doubts. The stamps are all different denominations as if this was a stamp collector set. Was the SS address just added to add value? Is the address fantasy? Any opinions welcome. Dexter

Originally posted by dhcoleterracina View Post
    I've had this for years and believed that it was as it appeared to be. Being more critical now I'm having doubts. The stamps are all different denominations as if this was a stamp collector set. Was the SS address just added to add value? Is the address fantasy? Any opinions welcome. Dexter

The strange thing is that the envelope is from 1941 and it´s posted to a "SS-Sturmführer" that rank had since long seased to exist, either you was SS-Untersturmführer or SS-Obersturmführer. That make´s it a little bit strange.

Then I have to look if this junio officer exists in my files, I´ll be back =)

Georg

Comment

The stamps and Sonderstempel appear to be genuine. This is philatelic favor cancelled item. My suspicion is that the typed address is a fiction done after the war.

As a collector, I personally would ascribe no further value to this cover than the stamp set favor cancelled which would be in the $10-15 range.

Ramon

Comment

Also sent to an SS Officer at a different Camp, this one seems to carry the exact same Sonderstempel cancellation. There seems to be endless variations of these kind of covers.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting the second envelope, both appear to be the same type of envelope and not the type used for official communication [too small]. Its not looking good as suspected.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X