KM Document Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Document Help

I recently Picked up a KM Grouping, Throw the Documents in the Group I'm able to compile some basic Research. However the trail goes Cold around 1938---He was on board The light cruiser Emden from 1926-1938--I'm Guessing he still served on this ship after this date) In 1942 this ship was Laid up in the Wilhelmshaven shipyard for major refits. Its Next operation was Mine laying Late 1944. http://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmari...perations.html

My Question is, Would he of served on another Vessel while this was being Refitted? Does anyone Know who signed this Document. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Unless you have evidence to the contrary the chances are he transferred to another ship after '38. The doc was signed by Hans Stohwasser.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Re looking at the Documents, I cant see anything indicating he stayed aboard the Emden after 38.....It would make sense they transfer this experienced Sailor from a training ship at this time. I get the feeling I wont be able to find out what other Vessel he served on.

Thank you for the Sig ID

Comment

Nice MS document Justin.

Richard

Comment

Group Together.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by justintime View Post
            Group Together.
            How about pix of the other docs? They're kinda hard to see in this little photo.

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

These might sell better in your sale thread if you had something other than long distance photos.
              Richard V

Comment

Thanks Richard. away from home for now on my Return will add Extra photos

Comment

Originally posted by Justin P View Post
                  Thanks Richard. away from home for now on my Return will add Extra photos
                  To paraphrase from the movie 'Tommy Boy':
                  "Wow, in just a shade under 18 months...way to go!"

all the best,
                  Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
                    To paraphrase from the movie 'Tommy Boy':
                    "Wow, in just a shade under 18 months...way to go!"

all the best,
                    Hank
                    Very funny hank. But don't give up the day job, Hank sent you close up scans
                    To your email last year of this group!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin P View Post
                      Very funny hank. But don't give up the day job, Hank sent you close up scans
                      To your email last year of this group!
                      I know Justin, I remember! Couldn't resist the jab though.

all the best - it's a very nice grouping.

Hank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X