Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo from Norway...

Hi everyone...

Here is a very nice large photo taken at the SAGENE SKOLE in Oslo. The photo is dated April 1941.
    Any idea who are these guys? Are they GJ or infantry. On the back are two numbers next to each
    other with a gap between them - 10 and 341 and then Oslo April 1941, Sagene - Schule. Is it
    possible that the "341" refers to Infantry Regiment 341? Any help will be appreciated. Also, does
    anyone recognise the officers. Seems to me most of the soldiers have Bergmütze(s) in their laps,
    would that suggest GJ unit?

Mark

Interesting photo
    But I can not see any Edelweiss on the arms or on the side of the Bergmützen.

DeMil

Comment

3. Jäger 341 - 10. kompani

The photo is from 3. Jäger 341 - Kompanie - or at least parts of it.

I'm not sure if this photo was taken at their arrival in April 1940, or if it was capured in november 1940 or early 1941. This is one apx 300 other photos from this unit I'm missing.

You will find some other photos of this unit here: http://krigsbilder.net/coppermine/th...s.php?album=22

And here is the same photo as yours, but with their caps and visors on.

Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Comment

Some paper from the same unit.

You'll find here: http://krigsbilder.net/coppermine/th...s.php?album=23

The last reunion for this company took part only a few years ago. My source passed away some years before that.
        Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Comment

Thanks very much Tor!!

As I said above, the date on the back dates my photo April 1941. I believe your photos were taken at the same time.

Mark

PS: The photos in your collection are truly awesome...

Comment

If the school still exist, someone could make a nice "then and now" picture based on that one.

Comment

It does exist see here: http://www.sagene.gs.oslo.no/

Mark

Comment

just to add.

Tore is refering to the III. (Jäger)/ Infanterie Regiment 341 of which the 10 Kompanie was a part.

this regiment's III Bataillon was designated a Jäger battalion. It later became part of the 270 Infanterie Division and was stationed for the latter half of the war in Troms, North Norway. In some later war photos you will see members of this battalion wearing the Jäger oakleaf patch on the arm.

With regard to mountain clothing and equipment, be careful as it does not mean a mountain unit. Only the sleeve edelweiss indicates that. For example both the 163 and 169 Infanterie divisions were issued with various items of mountain clothing as the were stationed in Finland.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X