SS Unit Stamp?? Yea or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Unit Stamp?? Yea or Nay?

Considering this document, but the stamp looks really cheesey! Your thoughts & opinions are greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

Hi Rick
    I don't like the way the text is written and I would say that it's a bit late to use the term "Verfügungstruppe" in 1944.
    AJ

Comment

An Oberstürmfuhrer as regimental commander? I think not. The LSSAH must be one of the most well researched and documented of all the divisions, I don't think i have the info myself but someone should be able to tell you all the regimental and Batt. commanders on that date. which regiment are we talking about Rick? do you know?

The above in combination with that stamp for me sets off enough alarm bells to leave well alone unless the clerk made a typo, used a 4 year old (at least) stamp and the signature checks out as one of LSSAH's regimental commanders of the time.

Regards

Simon
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I'll be the first to admit....

Paper (and uniforms) ??? I have no clue! Difficult enough for me to keep pace with Imperial and WW2 badges, and even at that I specialize and concentrate! When it comes to these types of items, a passing interest in how it associates to my badges. 'Dat's' why I these forums! Thanks guys! It is being sold as a repro, but I've seen enough errors made to always question!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Versailles
            Considering this document, but the stamp looks really cheesey! Your thoughts & opinions are greatly appreciated!
            Sorry Rick , but the same story as for the other stamps mentioned a short time ago, I do not want too often say what is wrong about it, but when you have red the other messages you know what i mean.

yours eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X