Infanterie Sturmabzechen award dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infanterie Sturmabzechen award dates

Just out of interest I was wondering what are the earlyist dates on Documents everyone has for the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in silber?
    It was instituted on 20.12.39 but when would it have first been seen in the field?
    To start the ball rolling mine is 22.10.41 to an Obergiefreiten in Inf.rgt.16.(this should be easily beaten!)
    Thanks
    Glenn.

Iab

Hey Glenn,

I've a couple of award-documents for the IAB, but the earliest one I have, is from 29.10.1940. It is for a Oberleutnant of 3./Infanterie-Regiment 74

greetings walle

Comment

The earliest one in Forman's book is dated 24.10.40
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hey Simon,

you'r right. It's 5 days earlier than mine, but it's the same unit and the same type of document

Walle

Comment

October 11th, 1.940 to Oberleutnant Karl Schaab, 10./Inf.Rgt. 81

Angel

Some time ago an Asspciation Member, purchased from me an earlier award, I think an August dated one.
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Hello,

I have one in my collection to Gefreiter Eugen Reich in the 1./Inf.Rgt.35, awarded in Frankreich on 11.06.1940. He also won the EK2 and EK1 for actions in France.

David

Comment

I have one to: Unteroffizier Friedrich Leist of 10th I.R. 169 awarded 5.9.41

Regards,
              Dick

Comment

Hi,

I think it will be hard to beat Stijns 1/IR 35.

I have 31.08.1940 to a soldier of 7./IR 17

Peter

Comment

Infantery Assault badges

Hi,

Just a little correction from my side => Peter: im unfortunatly not the owner of that very nice and early award doc. grouping, it is my dear friend David Notebaert who has it in his great collection

Cordial greetings,
                  my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré
                    October 11th, 1.940 to Oberleutnant Karl Schaab, 10./Inf.Rgt. 81

Angel

Some time ago an Asspciation Member, purchased from me an earlier award, I think an August dated one.
                    I think I got it

I'll try to find it and check the date but I think it was august or September.

Jani
                    - Military historian and dealer from Finland.
                    - Collecting Finnish awards, German EK1's 1939, KVK1's w/o swords and Tirolian shooting badges.
                    I still need EK1's L/14 Screwback and Pinback.

Comment

Award date versus qualification date

Eugen Reich took part in three assults, on the 6 june, on the 7 june and on the 11 june. So he qualified on th 11th, and this is also the date that is mentioned on the award document. But as we can see on the qualificationsheet, Reich was awarded the badge on the 11 June 1940, but the official ceremony wasn't untill the 2 october.

So witch date was mentioned on most of the award documents, the qualificationdate or the official award (ceremonydate)?

David Notebaert

Comment

Originally posted by David Notebaert

So witch date was mentioned on most of the award documents, the qualificationdate or the official award (ceremonydate)?

David Notebaert
                        I have six or seven examples of the qualifications sheets together with the WP and award documents. In all these cases, the date on the award certificate was the date the badge was officially awarded and not the date of the last action. So yours is very unusual.

I have a WP/award document dated 10th July 1940 to a memeber of 10./ IR 105.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X