Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captured SS officer , someone knows where this photo was taken ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captured SS officer , someone knows where this photo was taken ?

I found this photo on e-stand some months ago , it was posted by the seller of a SS belt and buckle to show a SS Officer wearing a similar item , I don't remember the name of the seller of the belt and buckle and I don't know if he owns the original photo or it's of public domain (sorry if I am violating a copyright ) .
    The question is : someone knows where the photo was taken and if it's part of a larger group ?
    Thanks in advance to whom will give me some information
    Attached Files

I remember buying an edition of "Paris Match" in 1964 which featured this and other photos in a D-Day commemoration. I bought this mag as a 15yo boy studying French at school here in Australia.

I've had a quick look just now and have a horrible feeling that this may have gone out in the rubbish along with a lot of other paper when we had a large garage cleanup last year.

From memory, this pic was one of a series. Without the mag here, I can only assume this pic related to the D-Day battles. A wonderful pic - I had exactly the same though 44 years ago!

Kind regards
    Paul

Comment

i dont have the book anymore..i loaned it to a friend...but i think this pic is in antony beavers recent 'D Day and the battle for Normandy'...so i guess it taken then!

Comment

It was taken by Robert Kapa (Life Magazine) on July 28 1944 @ Notre Dame de Cenilly.There were several more of that Officer taken.
        __________________________________________________ _______
        Cheers Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SJP View Post
          It was taken by Robert Kapa (Life Magazine) on July 28 1944 @ Notre Dame de Cenilly.There were several more of that Officer taken.
          __________________________________________________ _______
          Cheers Steve
          Wonderful , Steve what a precision !!
          Do you have the name of the book where I can find the entire group of photos ?
          Thank you very much

Comment

...Robert Capa is indeed the photgrapher, the SS troops are Götz von Berlichingen.
            Cheers

Comment

http://www.phaidon.com/Default.aspx/...-9780714840673

Comment

The best info. about this incident is in Mark Bando's "Breakout at Normandy. The 2nd Amour division in the land of the dead"
                This is a excellent read .
                __________________________________________________ ____
                Cheers Steve

Comment

Thank to you all

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
                  ...Robert Capa is indeed the photgrapher, the SS troops are Götz von Berlichingen.
                  Cheers
                  Thank to you all for the info now I have the photographer , the date , the location , the SS division , the books for the story and the entire photo's group , I only lack of the name of the officer
                  Thanks again
                  Vitt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X