• Show
Clear All

Who can help ID this Soldier ?

Hi,
    who can tell me something about this man ? Unit, rank,... anything
    All I know is that he served in the WH.

Thanks a lot,
    Alex

Hi Alex, it is very hard to guess the colour waffenfarbe piping to his shoulder straps and collar patches from a black & white photo but it would appear to be Infantry white at a guess?

His rank is that of Private.

Can you tell me what the slip on titles on his shoulder straps say? Are they letters or numbers? This will help me tell you a bit more about his unit.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
      Hi Alex, it is very hard to guess the colour waffenfarbe piping to his shoulder straps and collar patches from a black & white photo but it would appear to be Infantry white at a guess?

His rank is that of Private.

Can you tell me what the slip on titles on his shoulder straps say? Are they letters or numbers? This will help me tell you a bit more about his unit.

Cheers, Ade.
      Hey Ade,

your right, not too easy to guess the waffenfarbe on a B/W picture... but your right, it should be white since he served in the infantry.

I wish I could tell you what the titles on his shoulder strapes say, thats the main thing I'm hoping someone can identify for me ... all I know of him is that he served in the eastern front as a "Obergefreiter" and died in stalingrad.

Any idea on what the titles say ? I would guess maybe GD for Großdeutschland ?

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex, he is not a member of "GD"; they never wore these slip-on shoulder titles. (These have been "reproduced" by fakers, so they are seen on the market. But the fakers have only suceeded in making a fantasy item .)

Sorry, I cannot add anymore to id your man.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X