Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arthur Phleps photo...

Hi all,

My sister (a historian) bought this photo few years back and for a while has tried to ID the men in the photo and the photo's location. Thus far without much success. She posted it recently on Axis History, but did get only very little info. I thought, perhaps someone here can help...

Can anyone ID anyone on this photo (with the exception of Phleps)? Or where and when it was taken?

Thanks for all help.

Mark

PS: Sorry about the red marks, but I really don't want such a nice photo end up as a repro on ebay (via Kiev) ...

its taken after june 43 in yugoslavia

Comment

After October 43 since the WSS edelweiss patch was already been issued.

Comment

Thanks guys that is really helpful...

So, this photo was taken in the former Yugoslavia (probably Croatia) between October 1943 and September 1944 (Phleps' death). I would suggest that due to the lack of winter clothing this photo was probably taken in the late spring or summer 1944...

Any idea who is the SS-Sturmbannführer with the Prinz Eugen cuff-title? I see is wearing EKII and EKI, IAB, the Winter Medal, Sudetenland Medal and (I was told) the Order of the Crown of King Zvonimir with Swords, 2 class. Also, there is another badge I do not recognise and few other ribbons. It was suggested that it may be Bernard Dietsche or Eggert Neumann, but I am not sold on either of them...

Any help will be welcomed...

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X