U 47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U 47

I am looking for a good quality photograph (I don't mind a repro) of Prien's boat U 47. A photo of the entire length would be preferable. Does anyone know where I can get one please?
    Thanks,
    Max.

photo

Toward the end of Prien's book "Mein Weg nach Scapa Flow" there are photos of the crew and boat.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
      Toward the end of Prien's book "Mein Weg nach Scapa Flow" there are photos of the crew and boat.
      Thanks. I was looking for something that doesn't need scanning from a book.
      Max.

Comment

Hi Max,
        Try www.U47.org there are a number of photos if you go to the site and "click" on "boat" in left hand column. Hope this is what you are looking for.
        Good Hunting,
        Bill

Comment

Bill,
          Thanks. I was aware of this site, but unfortunately it does not have any suitable "full length" images.
          Max.

Comment

Here is one, guessing you have ssen it?
            U47 in front of Scharnhorst

u47_saluted.gif

Comment

Yes, I have, but thank you.
              Sometime ago (last year I think) I was offered a lovely photo of U47 by someone on this forum. Unfortunately (I can't remember why) we did not complete the deal. I can't remember who it was, but the photo was just what I needed. It was a length shot of U47 in a canal or just returning to dock. The angle was perfect, so you could see the entire boat. If he reads this, would the owner please get back in touch if he still has it.
              Max.

Just remembered it was forum member 'Monty'
              Last edited by max history; 10-13-2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Max, I also have some crew signed postcards of this boat, so let me know if you'd like scans.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X