Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with the book Orders and Decorations of the 3rd Reich by Doehle

Hello folks,
    I guess this is the right forum to place this qustion in. I bought this book a year or so ago for $2. It is is great shape, but it is missing its dust jacket.

What is the current value of such a book? This example is dated 1940.

Many Thanks,
    Jody

Cover:
    Attached Files

Book

Inside the cover:
    Attached Files

Comment

Book

Some SS Long Service Decorations:
      Attached Files

Comment

Book

At look at some ribbons and the RK with Oakleaves:
        Attached Files

Comment

Jody, if you got this book (and you can ascertain that it is not a reprint) for $2, you got a great deal. The original pre 1945 Doehle books can bring $200. I got mine for $25 last year so the deals are still out there. It is a difficult book to find, even without the DJ, for less than $150. Hope this helps.
          Richard V

Comment

Doehle

Originally posted by Richard View Post
            Jody, if you got this book (and you can ascertain that it is not a reprint) for $2, you got a great deal. The original pre 1945 Doehle books can bring $200. I got mine for $25 last year so the deals are still out there. It is a difficult book to find, even without the DJ, for less than $150. Hope this helps.
            Richard V
            Hi Richard,
            Thank you. I wonder how you can tell if it is an original book?

Regards,
            Jody

Comment

It is an original book...the 1943 (colour) edition is the only one that has been reprinted. The 1940 edition is not quite as desirable to collectors as the '41 edition, due to the fact that certain awards had not yet been implimented, such as the Ostmedaille & DK. Most of the European dealers & USM Books usually have a few copies of this book in stock at any one time if you are looking for a value, but I do know that it is worth a good bit more than $2.00.

Comment

Doehle Book

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
                It is an original book...the 1943 (colour) edition is the only one that has been reprinted. The 1940 edition is not quite as desirable to collectors as the '41 edition, due to the fact that certain awards had not yet been implimented, such as the Ostmedaille & DK. Most of the European dealers & USM Books usually have a few copies of this book in stock at any one time if you are looking for a value, but I do know that it is worth a good bit more than $2.00.
                Thank you and the information is very interesting. I guess I can't complain over the money invested. I noticed that the photo of the RK with Oakleaves is pasted in the back of the book.

Regards,
                Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Jody View Post
                  I noticed that the photo of the RK with Oakleaves is pasted in the back of the book. Jody
                  Nice touch...it ain't in my 1940 copy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X