Document Grouping: Pionier-Bataillon 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Document Grouping: Pionier-Bataillon 30

Here is a six-document grouping to an Unteroffizier that served with the 2nd Kompanie of Pionier-Bataillon 30.

He received his Czech Annexation Medal in March of 1940:
    (At this time, he was actually assigned to the 1st Kompanie.)
    The Major and Battalion Commander's signature is a mystery to me, so I would appreciate any assistance with this.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 10-11-2009, 06:09 PM.
    Mihi libertas necessest!

He received his EK2 in January of 1942:

(The document is signed by Generalleutnant Kurt von Tippelskirch.)
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

His citation for the EK2 cites two specific actions on two different dates which earned him the EK2:

On December 21, 1941, at the counterattack near Wyssotschek, he led his group with great courage and stormed a trench, occupied by the Russians.

On January 11, 1942, he distinguished himself in the attack on Beglowa by personal bravery and uncompromising action.

(The citation is signed by the Kompanie-Führer, Leutnant Griebenow.)
      Attached Files
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

He received the Wound Badge in Black, in September of 1942, for a first-time wounding that occurred on August 17, 1942.
        Attached Files
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

He received his "Frozen Flesh Medal" in October of 1942:

(This Oberstleutnant and Batallion Commander's signature is also a mystery to me so I would appreciate any assistance.)
          Attached Files
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I really like this Demjansk Shield document as I never owned one before.

It has the usual facsimile signature of General der Infanterie, Graf von Brockdorff-Ahlefeldt.

Also, the signature of this Oberleutnant seems to be encountered on the majority of Demjansk Shield documents. Does anyone know who this particular Oberleutnant was? Some sort of adjutant?
            Attached Files
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Nice Little Group, Sadly I cant help you with the Missing Signature, Maybe someone Could help with the spelling of this Mans name?

Comment

Originally posted by justintime View Post
                Nice Little Group, Sadly I cant help you with the Missing Signature, Maybe someone Could help with the spelling of this Mans name?
                Hi Justin,

Thanks for your comments. According to another collector on GMIC, the signature on the Czech Occupation document is Major Hartnack. I am still trying to figure out the signature for the Battalion Commander on the Russian Front document and the signature at the very bottom of the Demjansk document.

Best regards,
                Tom
                Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X