SS unterführer photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PzV View Post
    If these photos are fake then we all have a problem even down to the poor fixation of the paper on the one photo. I don't believe that the eagles are Bevo but stitched versions. I have a photo of a soldier with a later stitched breast eagle also worn backwards (will have to dig it out) and the ribbons are not that professionally done but this is also possible. At the end of the war there was a lot of disarray and the soldiers had other thoughts than how something was stitched onto the uniform. I also have photos where the close comabt clasp is worn upside-down (portrait photos!). Can you give us a scan of the reverse of the photos and have you tried a black-light?
    ...yes of course, I post the backsides..........

regards Gabor
    Attached Files

Comment

....nearly 1.....
      Attached Files

Comment

...nearly 2....
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking at these again I am more convinced. The silver CCC also looks added. Take a close look at the left edge of the award. The same dark border effect in both photos, as if it's not part of the original images.
          Black light examination indicates acid levels in the paper used and similar results can be found in early post-war paper as in pre-war paper. It can only be considered as a very rough guide to age.
          The reverse of one of the images is blank. The other shows postcard printing, a common method of printing photos in the 30s, 40s and 50s (and in some cases beyond.)
          Max.

Comment

I found other CCC Silver photo on the net, I show you. The CCC Silver is very shine.

regards Gabor
            Attached Files

Comment

...and I can to show you know this is an interesting photo, which was also found on the web.
              The CCC silver badly was positioned and not copies of the pic, I think.

regards Gabor
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X