Cigarette album opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigarette album opinions

I NEED OPINIONS ON THIS CIGARETTE ALBUM AND WHAT ARE WAYS OF SPOTTING ORIGINAL VS FAKE CIGARETTE ALBUMS?
    THANKS
    JOHN

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=384853

The book is genuine. It would be helpful to know which edition of the print run this example is. To determine this, one needs to check the back of the title page to see the print run numbers.

Overall this is a very common title with some 2.5 million printed.

However, some examples will be more valuable than others. For example, over the life of this title the rise and fall of individuals such as Blomberg, Fritsch, and Hess are played out across the various editions. There are combinations of printed captions that won't match the picture that was pasted in because the original picture of Hess for example was replaced with the same picture but with Hess expunged. The book is replete with these delicious nuances.

Now...condition. The condition of the book being offered frankly stinks. There are pictures missing which, in and of itself, is not a major problem as there are sources for finding the missing pictures. There is no protective Schuber or chipboard protective sleeve. Having the Schuber and the dust jacket are value added characteristics. In this example there are rips, possible missing pages to be concerned about.

To me this book is probably worth 20-40USD max. Again, this, to me, would be generous.

Your concerns about authenticity is really not an issue. The condition and completeness should be your main concerns.

Hope this helped.

Ramon

Comment

To fake cigg albums would be lunacy. There are no fakes of these.
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X