mein kampf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mein kampf

I am looking for a copy of mein kampf. original german issue to a married couple. I am having a hard time finding one. one dealer has one for 110, is that a fair price? if not what should one go for and does anyone know where I can locate one? thanks

Fair price....?

that kind of depends on the condition.

If it has the leather spine, and is in excellent condition, I would say that is about what they are going for. I had a nice one in the original slipcase that I sold about a year ago for $125.

Comment

If I remember right, here in Germany a professional dealer takes about 100 Euro for a "Volksausgabe" (Blue Cover) and about 120 - 140 Euro for a "Hochzeitsausgabe" (Wedding Version). Are these items in USA cheaper than in Germany?

Joerg

Originally posted by Bill Dienna
      Fair price....?

that kind of depends on the condition.

If it has the leather spine, and is in excellent condition, I would say that is about what they are going for. I had a nice one in the original slipcase that I sold about a year ago for $125.

Comment

mein kampf

I ordered one that said it was in good condtion from amazon. then I emailed the seller and asked for a photo and this is the responce that I got.

The book sold to a your wife, presumably related to you? The book is in good condition, with some normal wear. It was a presentation volume to a young bride and groom--the groom was very likely a Nazi officer. The dedication page is dated March 26, 1942, and signed by the "Lord High Mayor." The pages with the photo and signature of Hitler and the dedication to the young couple it was presented to were cut out at some point and one corner of the dedication page partly burned, but then the pages were returned to the book with no further damage. I have translated the dedication and will include the translation with the book. The book is printed in the old German script that was commonly used until the 1950s. It was dropped off anonymously at the library of a retirement community, so I have no idea who the book was presented to or who tried to burn the dedication page.

Mary Beth

I paid 60 us dollars for it is that a good price of because of the dammage is it worth nothing. I can return it because of the undisclosed dammage in the description. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by migileto
          I ordered one that said it was in good condtion from amazon. then I emailed the seller and asked for a photo and this is the responce that I got.

The book sold to a your wife, presumably related to you? The book is in good condition, with some normal wear. It was a presentation volume to a young bride and groom--the groom was very likely a Nazi officer. The dedication page is dated March 26, 1942, and signed by the "Lord High Mayor." The pages with the photo and signature of Hitler and the dedication to the young couple it was presented to were cut out at some point and one corner of the dedication page partly burned, but then the pages were returned to the book with no further damage. I have translated the dedication and will include the translation with the book. The book is printed in the old German script that was commonly used until the 1950s. It was dropped off anonymously at the library of a retirement community, so I have no idea who the book was presented to or who tried to burn the dedication page.

Mary Beth

I paid 60 us dollars for it is that a good price of because of the dammage is it worth nothing. I can return it because of the undisclosed dammage in the description. thanks

Good morning! I would send it back. You will be better off with a nice copy. Try Abe Books or military shows but shop around for price and condition. I've looked at the one for $110. and it looks good, it is just not signed (blank copy). Good Luck

Comment

mein kampf

thanks for the reply chuck.
            I think that is wise advise. I cant believe someone would not give that in the description.
            could anyone tell me the diffrent types of this book? my criteria is that I want a pre 45 printing from a german publisher, thanks

Comment

I cannot help with prices, just an anecdote.

During Christmas, when talking came to familiy history, my uncle, who was 17 at the end of the war, explained how people burried and burnt everything which was related to the Third R. My Grandma,from the same village as my uncle, replied that she still had the volume of MK she had received at her wedding. Didn't know this before.

Johannes

Comment

Yes, Johannes many items were destroyed or the swastika removed. I think it was an order put out by Gen. Eisenhower to rid Germany of anything pertaining to the Nazi Party. A good friend of mine has his grandfather's wedding copy of Mein Kampf, but his grandfather took a razor blade and removed the page with their names on it. I guess it was a bad time to have your name on anything like that.

Comment

Hi Migileto! I don't know how many different versions of Mein Kampf there is, probably unlimited. I have a 1939 English language edition, printed in the USA. The WWII German editions that I know of are: Wedding copies, paperback, blue cover edition, jubilee edition (Hitler's 50th birthday), fancy presentation copies (don't even ask how much), and a red cover pocket edition. I think that did it.

Comment

mein kampf

I found one at a rare book store, they want 95 usd. it is described as this
                    Description:
                    Munchen 1938. Portrait, 7 x 5.5", cloth, 781pp, covers moderately worn & stained, spine lettering faded, top page edges scratched, faint water-staining on bottom page edges, inner hinges cracked, first & last few pages foxed, else ok copy of pre-wwii German edition

the spine has mein kampf and adolf hitler at the top one under the other. with a gold line top and bottom of the names, with 3 thiner lines going up and down respectivly.

the date page has german writing on it with the date a stick eagle with 19 on the left side and 38 on the right, under the eagel is a circle with a circular e and f and v each in the e up and down. I think this is an original german pre ww2 issue mein kampf. I got photos but cant reformat them as my computer does not rec. the program thay came from even though I can view them. any help appreciated thanks

Comment

Mk

That sounds too high for a copy not in good condition. Plus it sounds like a standard blue cover Volks edition. I would hold out--for about $125.00 you should be able to find a nice example.
                      To add to the list of editions--there are also the first editions, which are uncommon but do turn up once in a while.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Hi Migileto! Erich is 100% correct, sounds like too many problems for $95. I would keep looking. The blue cover editions are fairly common and still affordable.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X