Reichswehr photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichswehr photo

I don't know if these belong here or on the imperial form.

I just got back from Germany and my Great Uncle gave me this picture he had. It has one of relatives in it, possibly my Great Great Grandfather. Now I'm wondering if anyone has any idea on what year this picture was taken in? I'm thinking early thirties prior to 1933.

Thanks,

Chris
    Attached Files

I would venture that this picture was taken in the late 20's, early 30's. In extremum, the transitional days of the Reichsheer in '33-36. Judging by the uniforms and quality of the photograph, early 30's seems most probable to me.

If I am not mistaken, I can discern that the collar surface of their greatcoats is made from another fabric as the coat itself, albeit both greyish in tone. This would lead me to think they're wearing a Tuchmantel 33, introduced in 1933. And this places the picture in the above stated timespan. Take a look at the guy with the moustache, the coat he's wearing clearly shows this characteristic feature.

Their coats, cap insignia, early "Teller" shape of the hats, all point towards the same timespan.

However, looking at the uniforms does not always offer a definite result as to when the picture was made. So to speak, I have a set of pictures showing a German Officer in late 1941 in Russia, still sporting a WWI, single-breasted greatcoat...

Kind Regards,
    Vincent S.
    Last edited by Vincent S.; 10-02-2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

That's kind of the time period I thought.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X