SS Feldpost help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Feldpost help

I obtained the photo and envelope along with a Bevo Adolf Hitler cuff band as a grouping. Since there is no name combined with a return address, is it assumed that the name under Familie-August Warnecke- is the SS man sending the envelope to his family? The reverse of the photo is marked Hans Pape, Minden. Also can anyone identify the unit he was with-Abt. Zurforge u. Derforgung,Berlin-Eichterfelde, Zindensteinallee 63 ? I may not have all the letters correct. Thank you for any information you can provide.
    Attached Files

Feldpost help

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M View Post
      I obtained the photo and envelope along with a Bevo Adolf Hitler cuff band as a grouping. Since there is no name combined with a return address, is it assumed that the name under Familie-August Warnecke- is the SS man sending the envelope to his family? The reverse of the photo is marked Hans Pape, Minden. Also can anyone identify the unit he was with-Abt. Zurforge u. Derforgung,Berlin-Eichterfelde, Zindensteinallee 63 ? I may not have all the letters correct. Thank you for any information you can provide.
      Hi
      The Unit says: SS Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
      Abt. Fürsorge und Versorgung
      Berlin Lichterfelde

Fürsorge und Versorgung=Welfare department

Comment

Thank you, Hallandsen.

Comment

In the recent German phone book there are still three intries "Warnecke" in Minden/Westfalen

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you, Gerdan. Do you think, based on the format of how the envelope is addressed, that August Warnecke is the SS soldier ? Are there any archives which list LAH members? The original seller of this group lives in Australia. He stated that they were sold to him by a relative of the man pictured because she did not want her children to find out that they had a family member in the SS. I would like to put a name to the picture if possible.
            Last edited by Dan M; 10-02-2009, 07:08 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Comment

As far as I learned there are some members of this forum who have the listed SS-members and their personell file on microfilm. They could try to find him because normally in the personell file should be a photo.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X