Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who signed this sSS Pz.Abt. 501 document?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who signed this sSS Pz.Abt. 501 document?

I am trying to identify the signature of the memeber of the Schwere SS Panzer Abteilung 501 LSSAH.

The document is signed 20 March 1945 and is for a "25" Panzer Badge in Silver awarded to Walter Eberhardt. It is signed by a SS Staff Commander of the unit.

Can anyone identify who this is and for that matter, who is Eberhardt?

There is also some writing on the back of the document. I cna make out Eberhardt's name and "Heil Hitler" but nothing else. Could use some assistance.

Thanks,

Brian

Front

Back

Not loving this. Looks...contrived. Typewritten urkunden like this are too easy to produce. Plus, although I don't know a lot about the SS rank structure, what's a "Staf. Kommandeur"?

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Horrible

Whoever made this was utterly clueless on the structure of the LAH
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

The kiss of Death, from Hank and Simon! I hope you dint loose to much Money Brian....I'm not a Huge Fan of these Late Typewritten urkunden, However I have a few that are Original. But you have to do your Home work.

Comment

So is this a fake?

Luckily I have not bought it, but was about to. I was hoping that the signature was one of the tank aces of the unit, or perhaps Kling's (thugh it didn't appear to be), who was the commander of the unit on this date.

Brian

Comment

The commander of the LAH on that time was if i'm not wrong
            SS Brigadeführer Und Generalmajor der Waffen SS Otto Kumm
            Holder of the Knights cross with oaks and swords and the
            German Cross In Gold

And i agree, the document is a poor fake

Comment

The signature does not claim to be that of the divisional commander but as you can read, the regimental commander of SS-Pz.Rgt.1, which was Jochen Peiper, quite apart from the horribly mangled way the rank and position has been typed up, Peiper was promoted Standartenführer the 20th April '45. In any case this is the wrong unit to be awarding anything to '501'. It didn't actually belong to the division but was a korps asset of the 1 SS Pz. Korps, even if it was put under operational command of the division quite often. I'd expect something like this to come from the abteilung commander.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Yes of course, your are right Simon!
                I'm sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                  The signature does not claim to be that of the divisional commander but as you can read, the regimental commander of SS-Pz.Rgt.1, which was Jochen Peiper, quite apart from the horribly mangled way the rank and position has been typed up, Peiper was promoted Standartenführer the 20th April '45. In any case this is the wrong unit to be awarding anything to '501'. It didn't actually belong to the division but was a korps asset of the 1 SS Pz. Korps, even if it was put under operational command of the division quite often. I'd expect something like this to come from the abteilung commander.

Totally agree with Simon this document has been done / faked by someone with little knowledge on the orbats of Waffen SS Units and the LAH in particular

Comment

The German text on the back seems also very poor.

Gerdan

Comment

Well thank you all for pointing this all out, you saved me a lot of money. The guy selling it wantd 980 Euros. As I have only been collecting for a little over as year now, I do not know if that is a good or bad price as I have never seen a document from the 501st available for sale.

I have a Peiper signature, so I know that the signature on this document was not his.

Brian

Comment

Fakes

Hi Brian,

That's what I meant when I replied to your PM. The above document is a really bad, bad fake. Wait and watch out for the good ones.

I am sorry to say this but you might want to post your "Peiper" to get some certainty / clarification as well. I have maybe come across 5 or 6 good one to date. And a lot of bad ones incl. lots of bad Wittmanns.

Gruss,
                        Markus

Comment

My Peiper and Wittmann, including others like Walther Kruger, Kurt Meyer, Werner Potschke, Felix Steiner, Hermann Priess, and Sepp Deitrich area all wartime signatures that I got from Stefan Korlin.

He is a reputable dealer and I trust what he sells.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by killerkatanas View Post
                            My Peiper and Wittmann, including others like Walther Kruger, Kurt Meyer, Werner Potschke, Felix Steiner, Hermann Priess, and Sepp Deitrich area all wartime signatures that I got from Stefan Korlin.

He is a reputable dealer and I trust what he sells.

Brian

I'm not Doubting your source, However Ive seen two people Recently, Claim to have a list of RK Signatures such as your self. Are these on Period Documents or Signed Photos?

Comment

Stefan Korlin

I checked Sthe web for "Stefan Korlin" and found this on his site.....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X