Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown (sport) emblem !?!

hello,

i'm looking for information about this unknown (sport) emblem on the shirt, any
    idea ?

thank you ...and merry christmas

t.m

It reminds me of a red cross eagle, but I can't recall seeing this before

Brian

Comment

Eagle

It's an NSRL eagle (National organization for sport/physical education).
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich
        It's an NSRL eagle (National organization for sport/physical education).
        Erich
        Dear Brian,
        Dear Erich,

thanks for your help.
        I have no information about NSRL!
        Which function had the NSRL?

regards

t.m

Comment

Originally posted by t.m
          Dear Brian,
          Dear Erich,

thanks for your help.
          I have no information about NSRL!
          Which function had the NSRL?

regards

t.m
          Amongst other things, I believe it supervised the testing for and the awarding of the state sport badges (DRL monogram in a wreath).

Members of the DRL were issued a blue covered membership book; if you had tickets for a sporting event and you had your book with you, you could travel to and from the event for free - apparently no matter how far you had to go. The head of the organisation was the Reichssportfurer, Hans von Tschammer und Osten.

If you own the two blue covered Olympia '36 books, you will see in the photos that the members of the German national team are all wearing wool embroidered versons of the eagle on their blazers and their gym clothes.

There was a huge sporting event in Breslau in 1938 (I think) were all German sports organizations were merged into this one big organization. (During the war, the Nazis would do the same thing when they forced all of the veterans' groups to merge into the NS-Reichskriegerbund...). The Deutsche Reichspost issued three or for stamps to commemorate the Breslau event and I believe the eagle appears somewhere on each of the briefmarken.

Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X