Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM, identification Medal/order

Hello,

Found this photo in a large KM lot. These guys have some strange looking medal or order hanging around thier necks. Does anyone has an Idea? The lot was all early war dated from 1939 till 1941 the oldest guy was possibly in the Reichsmarine and looks like to wear some GreatCross.... but what the **** is it? The 2 younger guys also wear a cross, two different ones in my opinion, but also those I don't recognize.
    Second thought while uploading the pictures, possibly a Hausorder? But all five on the picture have one, possibly nobles?

Sorry for the size, but otherwise you can't see it that well, also because the photo is slightly damaged.

Spanish decoration maybe for service in the Civil War?
    Jonathan

Comment

They each look different to me.

B

Comment

They are all different. It's surely not the Spanish cross, I think it's some hausorder or something like that, but found 100+ different types of them on the internet. They all look in some way like these but no'n are the same!

Comment

Originally posted by michiel01 View Post
          They are all different. It's surely not the Spanish cross, I think it's some hausorder or something like that, but found 100+ different types of them on the internet. They all look in some way like these but no'n are the same!

Yes not the TR issued Spanish Cross but maybe a Spanish decoration?

Comment

sorry, I missunderstood you! Yes that will be a possibility, I 'm searching for them thanks!
            Last edited by michiel01; 09-11-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Don't overlook the possibility that they may simply be 'dressing up' for a party. They all look like young officer cadets to me.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

i reckon they are dressing up because of the lack of any other awards!!

Comment

Thanks guys, I looked threw the other pictures and tried arranging them in time (about 40 photos) and these came out laying almost on top of the stash. So I geuss it you're quite right. Funny though!

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X