Sepp Dietrich Signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sepp Dietrich Signature

I'm on the hunt for a Sepp Dietrich signature (on a documnent or just an autograph). How rare is one, where can I find one, and how much am I looking at spending?

Dietrich signed items appear on the market from time to time. They are not rare and if you keep an aye open, one will pop up sooner or later. However, be careful as Dietrich is one of the more common forgeries to surface.
    Max.

Comment

I am not trying to steal your thread, but does anyone have a photograph of Sepp's Knights Cross Award presentation from 1940? I am looking for photographs of this day and Hitler's awarding to all seven who received their crosses at the same time.
      Ron Weinand

Comment

This is mine...will give you some idea what a mine field the subject is..

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=Sepp+Dietrich

Comment

They seem to be like buses, you wait ages for one and then 2 come along at the same time. At the same time as I bought this grouping with a Dietrich signature...
          http://www.janssen-militaria.com/osc...9945a5a01e32b2

...another dealer site had a single Dietrich signed citation for 425 Euros (it sold quickly). I would say the general price range you are looking at is around $500-700, which seems to be the range for most of the sought after W-SS signatures such as Steiner, Eicke, Dietrich etc. I'm refering to signed award citations. How much a signed wartime photo fetches I couldn't say. Try this dealer... http://www.huesken.com ...just type in Dietrich into the search box on Pg2.

Comment

I have my eye on two Dietrich autographs on this website. Do they look good to you guys? Also do Dietrich signatures keep their value?

http://www.huesken.com/
            Last edited by Wood-SS; 01-11-2010, 01:57 AM.

Comment

As Max says not rare but nice ones on studio portraits are more desirable IMO...As hang out for one that really appeals to you in all ways!
              Cheers, Steve
              ----------------------------------------------------------------
              "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

If i where you i would have bought a document signed by him.
                IMO Signed photos are a bit boring, it's just a signature. It would be nicer
                IMO to display a signed document next to a photo of him

Comment

Originally posted by rudolf souval View Post
                  If i where you i would have bought a document signed by him.
                  IMO Signed photos are a bit boring, it's just a signature. It would be nicer
                  IMO to display a signed document next to a photo of him
                  Chuckle....Jon, you're going to think I'm picking on you mate but I satnd diametrically opposed to you on this point, I think award documents have their place but IMO a nice signed portrait of the individual is much more personal than a signed document...the person is captured in time with their hand on their image...Ultimately, however, this is a personal preference and it is up to the collector as to how they wish to collect signatures. I have both signed documents and photo-portraits in my collection any believe that any type of collection is perfectly valid and worthy. I can personally respect all types of collections even though I may not collect it myself.
                  Cheers, Steve
                  "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Here are some bits I have, including his Nurenburg photo and a copy of the photo from a period newspaper
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
                      Chuckle....Jon, you're going to think I'm picking on you mate but I satnd diametrically opposed to you on this point, I think award documents have their place but IMO a nice signed portrait of the individual is much more personal than a signed document...the person is captured in time with their hand on their image...Ultimately, however, this is a personal preference and it is up to the collector as to how they wish to collect signatures. I have both signed documents and photo-portraits in my collection any believe that any type of collection is perfectly valid and worthy. I can personally respect all types of collections even though I may not collect it myself.
                      Hello Steve,

No hard feelings mate I'm not mainly talking about Award documents, it's just that i find documents more interesting than signed photos. I have nothing against signed photos, it just that i find signed documents more interesting. I have some signed documents and photos in my collection and i like studio portraits to And yes they are more personal, but then i would really like it to be dedicated

Jon-Olav

Comment

I liked the signed photos more. When I get mine hopefully I will be able to displat it next toa cufftitle

Comment

Originally posted by Wood-SS View Post
                          I liked the signed photos more. When I get mine hopefully I will be able to displat it next toa cufftitle

It's all about taste

On themarshalsbaton you can buy a collar tab that supposedly belonged to Sepp

Comment

Originally posted by rudolf souval View Post
                            Hello Steve,

No hard feelings mate I'm not mainly talking about Award documents, it's just that i find documents more interesting than signed photos. I have nothing against signed photos, it just that i find signed documents more interesting. I have some signed documents and photos in my collection and i like studio portraits to And yes they are more personal, but then i would really like it to be dedicated

Jon-Olav
                            Fair call mate! I like the dedications too!
                            Cheers, Steve

Comment

Originally posted by leibregiment View Post
                              Here are some bits I have, including his Nurenburg photo and a copy of the photo from a period newspaper
                              Neat stuff!
                              Cheers, Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X