Panzer Soldat visit U Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Soldat visit U Boat

2 pictures of Panzer soldiers visiting their U boat comrades.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by djpool
    2 pictures of Panzer soldiers visiting their U boat comrades.
    Better shot of the Panzer crewmen.Forgot these pics belong to Bill Petz too.
    Attached Files

Comment

Unterwassser Panzern

Comment

What I notice is the metal eagle and swaz on the front of the subs, I have seen these for sale at shops and ebay, usually identified as railroad train eagles.

Comment

Hi Jamie,
          i think you will find the rail type eagles to be a lot flatter than those shown (i.e. lacking in the high relief exhibited by the u-boat examples) and i could be wrong but all the rail ones usually have the flat wing ends ????

Ashley

Comment

Originally posted by atcase
            Hi Jamie,
            i think you will find the rail type eagles to be a lot flatter than those shown (i.e. lacking in the high relief exhibited by the u-boat examples) and i could be wrong but all the rail ones usually have the flat wing ends ????

Ashley
            You may be right Ashley, I just have never seen these on U-boats before. Was it common for u-boats to have these attached to them? Now I'll be spending the holidays looking at old photos of u-boats.

Comment

Not only U-boats, but also other KM vessels had an eagle on the bridge!

Kind regards,

Maurice

Comment

FYI, I asked a few questions at a U-boat site. They said the eagle and swaz was pre-war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X