FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Himmler autographs - which form is rarest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himmler autographs - which form is rarest?

In general I think Heinrich Himmler autographs are somewhat common. But some formats may be rarer than others. Assuming they were about equally priced, which one would be the rarest - a Himmler signed photo, a signed document, or a signed calling card? Any thoughts?

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
    In general I think Heinrich Himmler autographs are somewhat common. But some formats may be rarer than others. Assuming they were about equally priced, which one would be the rarest - a Himmler signed photo, a signed document, or a signed calling card? Any thoughts?
    As a long time autograph collector, nothing can beat a period signed photo, provided the signature is on the front. Close second comes a historical or period signed document, then the calling card. Modern signed photos (not possible with Himmler of course) are also nice, but not as valuable as period signed ones. Least interesting of all is some simple correpondence sending an autograph or some such thing.

Tom

Comment

I cannot agree with Tom. The more desirable Himmler piece is one with historical content, a letter or document. Signed photos are nice, but do not compare with historically important documents. In general with autograph collecting, the content is all important. A beautiful dedicated and signed photo of Himmler pales into insignificance when compared with a document or letter which includes something say about war policy or something connected to SS policy on the Jews.
      Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
        I cannot agree with Tom. The more desirable Himmler piece is one with historical content, a letter or document. Signed photos are nice, but do not compare with historically important documents. In general with autograph collecting, the content is all important. A beautiful dedicated and signed photo of Himmler pales into insignificance when compared with a document or letter which includes something say about war policy or something connected to SS policy on the Jews.
        Max.
        I can agree with that, depending on the context of the document.

Tom

Comment

take this document out of my collection as example .
          For some collectors , this is only a common " proposal for avancement", not the ultimate rarest thing .
          For me , its super interesting because the guy entered the Leibstandarte AH in 1934 and further information is given on pages 2 and 3 . At least, I like the Himmler signature, which is difficult enough to get
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

and here some detail
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X