A Few Poland Feldzug Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few Poland Feldzug Photos

Seeing as it is the 70th Anniversary of Sep. 1, 1939, I thought it an appropriate time to share a few photos of what I believe are all images of the Feldzug in Polen.

The first is of a group of Lw men presenting the spoils of their conquest - a Polish national banner.
    Attached Files

Destruction of 'brick and mortar'.
    Attached Files

Comment

Beasts of burden.
      Attached Files

Comment

The beginning of the catastrophic toll the war would take on the peoples of Europe.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

could you tell me the markings of fuselage of this Ju 52 (photo #1)? I think I see 6N+??.
          TIA

Regards

Robert

Comment

The beginning of the catastrophic toll the war would take on the peoples of Europe."
            True is in this case simple - German didn't take prisoners of war and shot all of them in that place.

Comment

Hi Robert,

I cannot make out the markings either.

Paul

Originally posted by szorob View Post
              Hi,

could you tell me the markings of fuselage of this Ju 52 (photo #1)? I think I see 6N+??.
              TIA

Regards

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
                True is in this case simple - German didn't take prisoners of war and shot all of them in that place.
                This statement is false. In many cases they were cruel, but to say they didn't take prisoners of war is not correct. Either way, I am quite sure the dead in those photos were from strafing attacks or something else. I highly doubt that was an execution given all the material left around.

Comment

Hi Paul
                  If your Ju52 is 6N+?? then it belongs to Ln.Abt.100, later KGr.100
                  One Ju 52 is coded at this time as 6N+EB ??
                  Hope this helps
                  Regards Jack

Comment

I am quite sure the dead in those photos were from strafing attacks or something else. I highly doubt that was an execution given all the material left around
                    If you have no knowledge about german 1939 war crimes in Poland don't write what is false and what are you sure or not sure. In many cases polish POW were murdered with cold blood.
                    Have you ever heard about one of the biggest 1939 war crime near Ciepielów ?? One simply example.

Comment

If you have no knowledge about german 1939 war crimes in Poland don't write what is false and what are you sure or not sure. In many cases polish POW were murdered with cold blood.
                      Have you ever heard about one of the biggest 1939 war crime near Ciepielów ?? One simply example.
                      Nonetheless, you cannot say for certainty that this was an execution of Polish POW's (just as I can't say with certainty that it isn't). However it is absolutely false to say German's never took POW's; where did 'captured' counts come from do you think? Your credibility to say I have no knowledge about German 1939 war crimes is lost when you make a statement like that.

Comment

I never wrote that germans never took in Poland POWs. I wrote, that in many cases they murdered them. They also photographed it. So bodies in ditches are suspect for me.
                        My advice for you is study some polish academic publications about German 1939 war crimes. For example here : http://www.ipn.gov.pl/portal/en/

Comment

lets not get "murder" excited here

picture seems to be taken after a plane or ambush attack, lots of weapons, open MG ammo boxes and (what seems to be) a Browning MG on the wagon

Comment

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

Paul

Originally posted by JACK SELWYNE View Post
                            Hi Paul
                            If your Ju52 is 6N+?? then it belongs to Ln.Abt.100, later KGr.100
                            One Ju 52 is coded at this time as 6N+EB ??
                            Hope this helps
                            Regards Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X