1942 EK2 award document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1942 EK2 award document

Hello , I have a 1942-dated EK2 award document with a original EK2 that was issued to a German infantryman. Anyone will authenicate the EK2 award document for me??? You can look at the stamp and stamped general's signature and you can tell me whether real or fake. Pictures to follow. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Close up of this EK2 award document
    Attached Files

Comment

3 Close up of General's signature

General's signature
      Attached Files

Comment

4 Close up of the stamp

close up of the document's stamp
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks to be original....From the scan it would appear to have a facsimile signature of General der Infanterie Walter Schroth RK, Deputy Commanding General of IV Army Corps and Wehrkreis IV in Dresden.

/Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks,Ian! I am glad that the EK2 document that was indeed authentic! I will research on Walter Schroth's biography. I would like to see his picture. Once again,thanks for your help! James

Comment

Is General Schroth a Knights Cross holder? Thanks! James

Comment

Originally posted by redjames2004 View Post
                Is General Schroth a Knights Cross holder? Thanks! James
                Yes he is

http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_...chword=Schroth

Cheers, Thomas

Comment

Yes Walter Schroth had the Knights Cross, if you read that post from Ian you can se that he has also writen RK (Ritterkreuz) behind Walter Schroth.

Best Regards
                  Jon-Olav

Comment

Yup, I saw RK behind Schroth's name. Shortly after I read Ian's post, I realized that Schroth was indeed a Knights Cross holder. General Schroth commanded XII Army Corps in Army Group Mitte in Russia during battle of Bialystok-Minsk in 1942. Thanks for showing me Schroth's picture,Thomas! Im glad to have a EK2 document with his signature in my collection. It will be significant for me to have a Knights Cross holder's name on this German soldier's EK2 award document. Thanks much for your help!!!! James

Comment

Ok

I agree with Ian that the signature is not hand signed by Schroth, but a facsimilie signature. Still a very nice document!

Best Regards
                      Jon-Olav

Comment

As the sig is stamped it adds no value to the document. Also the chances are this is a wound EKII as it's awarded from a Wehrkries rather than his own unit. Soldiers that received a wound severe enough so they couldn't return to frontline duty often received an EKII along with their woundbadge.
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X