Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrpass/Reissepass Beruf comparison

Greetings,

First post. Main question is, can you translate what my Grandfather's Beruf (occupation) was listed as in each book?

The left is a 1940 Wehrpass, the Right is a 1944 Reisepass. Are they different job titles?

Secondary: On the Reisepass, what is written below "Besond.Kennzeichen"

Tangential Question: Am I correct that a Wehrpass without a stamp on the front cover indicates the person was never inducted into any of the four branches of the German Military?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys

Can you help me here please
      Attached Files
      sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

More
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

These 5 are dealing with flak in smolensk
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Folboteur View Post
            Main question is, can you translate what my Grandfather's Beruf (occupation) was listed as in each book?

The left is a 1940 Wehrpass, the Right is a 1944 Reisepass. Are they different job titles?

Secondary: On the Reisepass, what is written below "Besond.Kennzeichen"

Tangential Question: Am I correct that a Wehrpass without a stamp on the front cover indicates the person was never inducted into any of the four branches of the German Military?
            According to the job description in the Wehrpaß , he was trained as a "Kaufmann" [a somewhat vague term, which can refer to a wide range of occupations in the business world and thus can mean merchant, trader, businessman, management assistant etc.] and worked as a "Revisor und Treuhänder" [auditor and fiduciary].

The passport entry says "Dr. rer. pol." [= doctor rerum politicarum], i.e. a Doctor of Political Science and "Wirtschaftsprüfer" [auditor].

The Besondere Kennzeichen [distinguishing marks] entry is "trägt Brille" [wears glasses].

To be honest, I don't know whether Wehrpässe were always stamped with the name of the respective service or if there were exceptions, but military active service was definitely entered in the document (page 11 to 35).
            Last edited by HPL2008; 02-21-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

H.W.Plainview it usually helps to see the photos, but I repeat myself.

Comment

# 14541

1) "Batteriechef und W. u. G. Wachtmeister"

2) "Spähposten in der H. K. L." (Haupt-Kampf-Linie)

3) "Geschütz "Adolf" 1942"

4) "Rohr reinigen bei Geschütz Adolf "

5) "Rohr reinigen Bed.(ienung) Adolf "

Gerdan

Comment

# 1450

" Der letzte Gruß von Erfurt vor Abgang des Zuges nach Cottbus. - Ob.(er) Ltn. (Oberleutnant)

Neumann und Hptfdw. (Hauptfeldwebel) Martin bei der Verabschiedung am 31.5.1942 "

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erfurt

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottbus

Gerdan

Comment

# 14539

"Auf dem Truppen-Ãœbungsplatz Wandern "

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...nWandern-R.htm

Gerdan

Comment

Great thank you Gerdan.

Pauke...my bad i will put both sides next time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Can anyone help to translate these backsides? Thanks in advance.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone help to translate these?

Thank you in advance.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone help to translate this ?

I think the first word is "Urban"

Thank you.
                            Attached Files

Comment

14549 Auf dem Fluge nach Lyon (Frankreich). 3000 m(eter) Hoehe. Kriegsjahr 1943

Comment

Haare: dunkelblond. Augen: Grau mit schwarzer Pupil
                                Uniform: Flieger. Spiegel: gelb

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 189 users online. 0 members and 189 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X