Kraftwagenfuehrer
    Volks u(nd) Buergerschule
    tschechisch
    Fuehrerschein Klasse III

Wachtmeister
    many Thanks Pauke!!!

Comment

translate this telegram?

I have this telegram that I would love to get translated....any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks, Frank Davis.
      Attached Files

Comment

SS diary entry translate?

I have this little SS diary that has a few entries that I would love to get translated....any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks, Frank Davis.
        Attached Files

Comment

I read it as:

Kalterherberg
          12.11.1940 14:30

Brautpaar
          Breuer-Mertens
          Gier

Glück und Segen den
          Neuvermählten

Familie Hermann Paulus

These are congratulations to the bride and groom

Kalterherberg:
          http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalterherberg
          Gier:
          http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giera

Uwe

Comment

Thanks Pauke

Originally posted by pauke View Post
            (the diagonal writing) Umseitig Bild aus meinem Pfarrhof
            sitzend H.H. Pfarrer, rechts von mir
            mein Mit-Coop(?), neben diesem
            ein Neffe meines H. Pfarrers, Ltn.
            in 10. Inf. Reg.

Schreiben Sie wieder

Thanks Pauke
            great help as always

Comment

SS diary post

Any help on my SS diary post?...Frank Davis

Comment

diary

Is this perhaps Italian with "L 8" and "20 Lire"? It doesn't seem to be German writing.

Comment

# 5831

25. Januar 1944 - last two words could be "...vestito Borghese" which is Italien an means civilian clothes

Gerdan

Comment

# 5831

Entry 23. Januar 1944 could be " agiustare stivaloni L 8" - repair regular half boots.

My Italian is not very good.

Gerdan

Comment

That is interesting that the entry is in Italian.....folded up in the book were also some currency bills from Italy, France and Germany....and a few Japanese....also were some maps and a travel brochure....Thanks for the help...Frank Davis.

Comment

Letter to HJ member

I have a letter from a leading SS personality to (I assume) a HJ boy replying to his request for a photo. Gerdan very kindly translated this from sutterlin (or should that be deciphered?) and i have tried to translate from German to English. I have reached a bit of a block and would greatly appreciate any help in finishing the missing bits and correcting my poor grasp of German.

thanks!

Tom

Mein lieber Kamerad,

Ich will Ihnen gerne den wunsch erfullen und Ihnen ein Bild senden> Ich hoffe, damit Ihre Sammlung zu vervollstandigen.

I am sending you a picture to complete your collection

Ihre Jungens in der Heimatmogen dabelimmer bedenken dass dieseAuszeichnungdurch den harten Kampf vieler unserer tapferen Manner erkampt wurde und einer es fur alle seine Kameraden tragen kann.

This badge has been earned through the hard struggle of our brave men.
                        Sie alle tragen es unsichtbar. Und wieder treten wir an, dem Tod unsere Besten zu reichen (?)

They all wear it invisibly. And again we come to the death against him our best men to surrender

Mit unserer Fahne ist der Sieg!
                        Our flag is the victory

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
                          I have a letter from a leading SS personality to (I assume) a HJ boy replying to his request for a photo. Gerdan very kindly translated this from sutterlin (or should that be deciphered?) and i have tried to translate from German to English. I have reached a bit of a block and would greatly appreciate any help in finishing the missing bits and correcting my poor grasp of German.

thanks!

Tom

Mein lieber Kamerad,

Ich will Ihnen gerne den wunsch erfullen und Ihnen ein Bild senden> Ich hoffe, damit Ihre Sammlung zu vervollstandigen.

I am sending you a picture to complete your collection
                          I'll gladly fulfill your wish, and send a picture. I hope that completes your collection.

Ihre Jungens in der Heimatmogen dabelimmer bedenken dass dieseAuszeichnungdurch den harten Kampf vieler unserer tapferen Manner erkampt wurde und einer es fur alle seine Kameraden tragen kann.

This badge has been earned through the hard struggle of our brave men.
                          (Some of the German above isn't quite right...but here goes) The youth at home must always remember that these awards have been earned in the difficult battles by brave men. One wears it for all his men. (as in, maybe 1 guy earns or wins a medal, but it was a group effort)

Sie alle tragen es unsichtbar. Und wieder treten wir an, dem Tod unsere Besten zu reichen (?)

They all wear it invisibly. And again we come to the death against him our best men to surrender
                          You all wear the medal(s) unseen (in spirit, so to speak). And we march again, despite the fear (or prospect) of death, to achieve our best.
                          Mit unserer Fahne ist der Sieg!
                          Our flag is the victory
                          Hope that helps a bit.

Hank
                          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

It helps a lot! Many thanks Hank - much appreciated

Tom

Comment

trans

I read the last line slightly differently: They all wear it invisibly. And again we fallen in to hand our best (men) over to death.

Comment

Hello,

Can anyone help me to read the missing words please ?

I read : kommandiert zur Heeresgruppe "A" zur Verwendung als Kommandant von ????

I read : Kommandeur des Grenadier-Regiments ____ 1

Thanks in advance
                                Rudolf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X