Help with SS TK studio pic shoulder straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with SS TK studio pic shoulder straps

Hello all, I received this studio pic the other day and I have been curious as to what is on his shoulder straps. I have looked in all my resources but I have yet to find anything that is close. Originally the seller thought that it was a "D" for Deutschland Rgt. which it appears it is not, and it looks like it is not a G or a DF. Does anyone know what this is and who wore them? Could they be custom embroidered shoulder straps? Thanks a lot for all of your time and help and I look forward to hearing what you all have to say!

Brett

I try to guess : Permanent Staff Member at Dachau KZ ...
    Last edited by Krieg777; 08-26-2009, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Thats what I thought as well but then I heard that the KZ Dachau stuff was signified by having only a D under the TK on the collar tab and that nothing was on the shoulder straps.....perhaps somebody out there has more information on this???? Thanks for the help!

Brett

Comment

PM sent

PM Sent. Thank You, DJB

Comment

Although there is a little indentation in the embroidery the only thing I can think that is the embroidered "O" for Oberbayern.
          Derek

Comment

Well from what limited information I have, there was never any Oberbayern shoulder straps???? Does anyone else have any further information on this? These straps appear to be quite an enygma!

Brett

Comment

Allectus,
              As you say yourself, your information is indeed limited. Of course there were Oberbayern cyphers. I wouldn't have suggested them if it weren't the case.
              Derek

Comment

So you won the auction..! Congrats, a very rare and desirable portrait. At that time I belived that they were embroidered Oberbayern shoulderstraps, but unlike anything else I have seen.
                Last edited by J-W.Bode; 08-28-2009, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Shoulder Straps

Greetings,
                  After viewing the photo, I think the cypher in question is a woven # 10. The board is a little mis-shaped so the 1 and the 0 almost appera to be attached. Just My 2 cents worth. Sincerely, DJB

Comment

What photo? It has disappeared....to become...another...useless...thread.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you J-W.Bode for restoring the usefulness of the thread. There have been far too many of these threads were the post starter takes down the image after they have got the answer they want, which rather defeats the purpose of a forum.
                        Well done David, I believe you have cracked it. All the uniform details fit with the time frame of it being the "10" regimental cypher. My "O" was close, but no cigar.
                        Thanks for your help.
                        Derek

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for all the information and help!! I have no idea what happened to the image though??? I havent removed it or done anything with it so I do not know why it is not there anymore. Im posting the image again using another image hosting site. This time everyone should at least be able to click on the link and always be directed toward the image.

Thank you J-W.Bode for your comments! Yes, I thought it was a rather interesting photo and something different. I collect mostly images that show something unique in them. I believe I just recently received a pic from you as well showing an LAH Rttf. with a rather odd hairstyle and mustache?

Thanks David for the help! It could definitely be a 10 for sure! Hmmm now its time to hit the books and see who those guys were and what they did. Sadly out of all the books I have I seem to be missing the ones on obscure enlisted SS shoulder straps as well as this early TK Rgt.

Derek, speaking of the usefulness of threads, why dont you post a pic of an SS enlisted Oberbayern shoulder strap as well as one with a 10 on it so everyone can compare? Im sure people would like to see and could learn a lot!

Thanks again everyone for all your help!

Brett

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/458...owncypher2.jpg

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Brett,
                              Here is shot that I have filed under the number "10". It's sadly not the best. It was offered to me but the softness made me suspect a fake. Although out of focus it certainly looked like that number to me. The style of shoulder board is the same as yours.
                              I am just finishing up a study of the insignia of the SS-TV that includes clear pictures of the 10 and the Oberbayern cypher courtesy of D.B. and I would be more than happy to send you a PDF copy of that if you would care for one. The insignia of the SS-TV is without doubt the most confusing area of SS regalia and I have had to keep constantly revising it.
                              By the way, apologies if I seemd rather short about the missing image but I have twice in the last month searched through documents and files and posted to threads that the originator had later stripped of the images. Image Shack does seem pretty reliable.
                              Derek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X